Time to move on

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO
While I'm not an RPGDot old-timer, I've been a member since pretty early — October, 2006, to be precise. Also, by my post count, I've been posting here rather more than most. I have greatly enjoyed almost all of it.

Lately, however, my interest in gaming has waned. The games are getting better, and many of them are going in directions I have long wanted them to go. I, however, have changed. It's been two years since I last really got excited about a cRPG, and while I've played, and re-played, several since then, the enjoyment I get from them isn't proportionate to the time I put into playing them, reading about them, thinking about them, anticipating them, and talking about them, and they keep me from doing things I enjoy more.

As to the P&R forum, where I've mostly hung out… that seems to have run its course as well. Maybe I'm getting older; maybe it's Zen; maybe it's something else, but I just don't want to get into confrontational debates any more — and politics and religion just are topics that you can't really discuss without them, except in an echo chamber, and I don't like those much either. The upshot is that I don't have a whole lot left to say.

So it's time for me to move on. I don't normally do farewell messages, but because I've been so prolific here, I decided to make an exception and not just quietly drift off. I have my PM inbox linked to my email, so if someone wants to reach me, you can find me there.

I wish all of you, and especially RPGWatch as a site and a community, all the best in the future. Thank you for a marvelous three years of conversation, companionship, and community you've given me.

May your swords always be sharp, your spells never fail, your loot bags always be full of the rarest treasure, and your monsters be challenging enough to keep things interesting.

Prime Junta, signing off. :salute:

Ouch!

I'm going to miss you and your well-hought-of post, but best wishes.

EDIT: That should perhaps be "well-thought-out"?

Last edited:
Again? Didn't you sign off a few years ago and come back? Maybe that was that just a break.

It's been interesting reading your posts and at the very least informative. I think maybe your just frustrated with politics/religion. I know I am. I don't even bother reading the news about it anymore. It's just too damn depressing and what makes it worse is that there is nothing that I can do about it.

Anyways, if you do leave I hope you have fun in whatever hobby you choose next. Don't forget you have to have fun ;) You can contemplate the meaning of life till your brain rots or you can have fun with your life.

Anyways, if I see you here again in a few months I won't be surprised. I actually hope that's what your going to do because I'll miss those snarky posts of yours.

Fair enough. As long as you enjoy doing other stuff more then its good to move on. Will you atleast visit once in a while?

Dang, I'm going to miss your intellectual perspective on the discussions here. Always a focus on facts rather than opinion/feeling, which is a quality I often forget in the heat of the moment. More often than not you've forced me to sit back and rethink the topic at hand all over again with a different pair of glasses.

There are plenty of skilled debaters with strong opinions on either side of the fence here at the Watch but only a few with a generally neutral approach to the topic. On the other hand, there are only so many hours in a day so prioritizing the few that we can spend as we wish is very important and if gaming and hanging out here at the watch is no longer at the top of the list then you shouldn't waste time on them.

Good luck with whatever it is that you choose to take on next and take care of yourself. :manhug:

You will be missed, but I'm hopeful you'll be back. Till then, all the best!!

Sad news, it is going to be a lot more boring around here after you left. Hope you would comeback again!

Even though I am not a heavy debater here, it is sad to hear that a person is leaving the boards here. I do hope you will come back.

Whatever you are going to do now: good luck with it.

PS: your last lines sounded like a real dwarf :p

Why not just take a break and see if this fatigue is permanent?

Maybe just drop the R&P posts. I can certainly sympathise with that particular lack of interest. There's a reason I generally stay far away from such places, even though I occasionally falter and forget myself. I get my share of pointless arguments in the game related sections - even if I don't consciously go for it.

In any case, I wish you the best and hope you find something more fruitful to do with your time. But you'll always be welcome back here and I'll gladly have some amiable discussions with you at any time ;)

It's funny - with so many different forums I am on, I see these posts frequently. Sometimes they are serious, sometimes not, but I do always hope that as DArtagnan said you stay away for a while and see what happens.

As for gaming, I went through several years of almost non-gaming before getting back into things, and have been heavy ever since. I am doing it less now than in several years, and trying to limit it even more, but for me I can't see the next 'downturn' coming anytime yet. But I tend to believe these things are cyclical, so you'll come back eventually. Or not ... but either way, it was nice having you around.

Yeah, I recognize this cyclical thing too. I just had a relatively big break, though I don't stay away from gaming entirely - it's just VERY limited. But I got back into it a month or so ago, and I'm not sure what the future holds.

You might say that gaming is in my blood in a very serious way, so I can't see myself ever truly "retiring". But I think it's very healthy to try new things and pursue what your heart tells you to.

In the immortal words of a former co-worker,

"Take a break. Chase a lady. Kiss a dog."

It's rare for voyages to be one-way trips, so perhaps we'll see you again someday. Until then, enjoy.

Hate to see you go. Your's is one of the names here that draws me to read there first. I hope we see you back soon and thankyou for not just disappearing on us. That always makes me worry when it happens. :highfive::worship::(

I have to say this doesn't surprise me, as my experience with those who take up zazen is that it drifts them off from their old worlds, which is the point I guess.

Enjoy your journey forward and hopefully it will bring you back this way someday. You've been a large factor in informing us all about things outside our experience, and expanding and developing my own world view over these few years, and I can never thank you enough for that. Hope you'll miss us as much as we'll miss you, and return from time to time to share your thoughts.

This sucks.
You don´t meet such an all-rounder as you every day, you know.
Although I´m more-or-less passive member here, I often couldn´t help but be actively impressed by your posts.
You were a true inspiration :salute:.

Hope you´ll come back some day. Good luck!

Vhoa! This was unexpected, but a man must do what a man must do. Take care :).

I don't anticipate the upcoming games either the same way I did several years ago, but I still check this site and its forums every now and then.

Good luck for you pj, wherever you end up, be it an asylum or some crazy religious mass suicide ufo community. ;)

Back
Top Bottom