MM7 Probs

electricpaws

Traveler
I'm REALLY in the mood to play this very old but most awesome game: Might and Magic 7, for Blood and Honor. The Problem? When I press install, it thinks for a couple moments but then nothing happens. I am using a second hand kind of CD, called SoldOut software since my other original MM7 disks were damaged and couldn't find it in stores anymore. I am running on Windows XP Home SP2. Someone please help me figure out why this is happening and how to get around it/fix it, by any means possible I seriously want to play this game badly.

Thanks in Advance

From the google:

Solution 1

So, I completely forgot about this thread and since it's been raised from the dead I may as well mention there are now patches available to run Might and Magic 6-8 on Windows XP and maybe even Vista. Visit Telp's Tavern and search for Mok's patch:

http://telp.org/mm7/tavern/mm7tavern.html

Solution 2

when you install then run the game in win95 compatability before you run the game right click on it again and then click (run as) un tick (protect my computer and data from unautherized activity) then click (the following user)
select the user you are useing and enter password if required this was missed out from your earlier attempt to play the game in compatibilty mode
this way will work with any game that has trouble loading in xp whilst being a win95 game

but make sure you dont forget to install the game in compatability by opening the cd right clicking on setup and ticking compatability mode for win95
and also ticking compatability mode for win 95 on your shortcut you run the game from first...

this is tryed and tested be me on Red Alert 2 and Might n Magic 7 and MM6 so far

Use the win95 compatibility mode or find the windows xp patch.

Well Thanks! This is greatly appreciated! However, running the game is not an option if it is not even installed, and it is the installation I am having issues with: I click install, it thinks a couple moments, then just does nothing and nothing ever pops up to prompt installation.

Well Thanks! This is greatly appreciated! However, running the game is not an option if it is not even installed, and it is the installation I am having issues with: I click install, it thinks a couple moments, then just does nothing and nothing ever pops up to prompt installation.

Read again the solution 2:

but make sure you dont forget to install the game in compatability by opening the cd right clicking on setup and ticking compatability mode for win95

You need to use the compatability mode in both the install and the game launch.

Close entirely your firewall. That should help.

well dangit I did do all that and like I ticked "Run in compatability for windows 95" and initiated the setup, it thought for a longer period of time, but in the end it just sat there again >.<

Man that's a shame--I've had troubles running it w/out mok's patch, but never installing it. Here's a link to Celestial Heavens with some more info, but I don't know if that will help. Hopefully it's not your CD. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom