The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Good tune, Zakhary.

Bit of a throwback for me today. Goth-y gazer from 2000.
"Cayman" by Mira

I probably should listen more to Youssou N'Dour.

You should ! He makes good music ! :)

Although he seems to make albums which are rather european-oriented and others rather african-oriented, I once read.

I'm currently listening to Genesis - Live 2007 Over Europe. :) ;)

From a group named Susu Bilibi a CD called "Doka - Fishermen's Song".
http://www.susubilibi.de/ Available languages : English, French, German.

I have always loved discovering cool music by exploring the work of sidemen for other artists I like ...

I've recently been on an ECM records kick, and as such listening to loads of John Abercrombie. I checked out stuff he played sideman on and actually found something I'd never heard - organist Jeff Palmer's CD Abracadabra ... some pretty cool stuff, modern and classic all at once.

Hit-n-miss, Mike. Some of the stuff is interesting like tracks 1 and 9, and others seem pretty pointless (track 2 in particular is just a mess). I expect 30 second snips are really misleading with jazz compositions, though. Sorry, I'm just a hopeless heathen. :)

@Ubereil- Tough to beat "A Strange Day". The whole cd is very good, but that tune is something special.

For me: Getting deep into Hope Chest. I might have a bootleg cd of theirs headed my way, so there's much rejoicing in dte-land.

It isn't great - just a cool find that I didn't regret spending $6.99 grabbing. Track 2 was what might be called ... indulgent ... ;) As are all of the 'Mr' tracks. But they are fun jams ... a couple of the songs are good and don't show through in 30 seconds.

back into Black Sabbath, listening to Sabbath Bloody Sabbath for like the third time today, great cd.

Theyre alright, for a bunch of freakin hippies

Been on a retro-doom kick lately, lots of Sabbath, lots of Pentagram, and got into a real wild outfit a little called Electric Wizard. Not really into the 'stoner doom' thing, but they tend to throw enough occult into the mix to keep me interested

Last edited:
back into Black Sabbath, listening to Sabbath Bloody Sabbath for like the third time today, great cd.

Electric Wizard.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is my favourite Sabbath album.
Diverse arrangements, great rocking out moments and melodies galore.

Electric Wizard is hilarious. Dopethrone ftw, bong!

Today, I´ve been revisiting a bit too. Tiamat, that is.

Wildhoney (1994) and A Deeper Kind of Slumber (1997) are so head and shoulders above the rest of their catalogue, it´s not even funny (well, Clouds is pretty good).
But what a peak!

Whatever That Hurts

Gaia

Phantasma de Luxe

A Deeper Kind of Slumber

I started Tubular Bells again, since I learned today that there's a new remixed re-release out now ! :)

For every fan the deluxe box is a "must-have" ! ;)

the new Dream Theater album in it's magnificent entirety is available for listen free of charge @ Spotify (a free & legal & ad-supported hybrid-p2p music service ).

And that, ladies and gentlemen, makes me a very happy panda.

panda.jpg

Back
Top Bottom