BioWare - Ask Greg & Ray

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Is this your chance to ask the Big Kahunas about whether EA will ruin Dragon Age? Probably not, but BioWare is offering the chance to submit questions on their forum that Greg and Ray may answer:
If you could ask ONE question to Ray and Greg about BioWare, Mass Effect, Dragon Age or gaming in general, what would it be?

Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk are the founders of BioWare and have lead the way for BioWare to become one of the most recognized RPG developers around. They have been tireless advocates for the development of community and wanted to take this time to address any concerns or questions you might have on the future of BioWare and it's upcoming titles.

We can't promise to address all the questions but Ray and Greg wanted to speak to the community directly because it is one of pillars of what makes BioWare special.

We will keep this thread open and collect question until 12 noon (MDT) Thursday, Oct 18. We are hoping to grab Ray and Greg for an interview on Friday and have the results up and out soon.

Ask away!
More information.

On the forums I have pointed the way to a fan interview with Josh Resnick at the Pandemic's forums (who got 2-3 days more than the Bioware fans is getting to submit their questions). I guess that Bioware didn't want to stand back for Pandemic and Josh Resnick?

Just for the record, I don't think EA will ruin Dragon Age as the game apparently is nearly finished so it will probably be released within the next 9-12 months or so. Or two weeks after Mass Effect's release :)

I'm not that worried about Mass Effect 1, Dragon Age or the Sonic RPG. What I am worried about it this:

http://www.ea.com/article.jsp?id=bio1011

Please note the 'we been after this big prize for years' comment as well how only focuses on how it will improve EA's market share in the RPG and the MMO-genre.

It also mentions EA's under-representations in the RPG genre. I have to say that yes, that may well be so, but EA killed of Origin, a fine RPG developer, so it really is your own fault, EA, this under-representation in the RPG genre.

I'm worried that EA only will check how many games Bioware and Pandemic sell, and if Dragon Age and other released games don't sell at least 1-1½ million games, EA will be shutting Bioware down...slowly...

Bioware has always been proud of their working conditions. They have just been nominated for the Top 10 best employers to work for in Canada. Bioware has always used this a marketing ploy. Part of the reason why I have bought and still will be buying Bioware games were and are to support one of the best employer out there when it comes down to how they treat their employees.

And I still feel sorry for the Bioware Austin devs. who fled the steamrolling monster that is EA, just to discover later that it was all in vain.

/aries100

Hmmm A question thats been on my mind is...now that EA owns bioware, does bioware have a chance to use the ultima world and make a new modern day Ultima? I wonder....if dragon age is that game?

I completely believe the ceo left ea as a flanking move, since at the time ea had the on going battles with employees trying to break out of their slave like conditions at ea.

I bet bioware would have laughed at the idea of working for ea back at that time.
By distancing himself from the reputation he was able to move freely in the world of the living and games market, concealing his shadowy hunger for flesh and IPs. :)

Back
Top Bottom