The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

How are you so easily getting +3 tomes...especially at level 11?! I just got bought my third +2 tome at level 19! Alrik was kind enough to give me a +2 Dex as my first.

Soon-to-be 3rd lifer that's run lots of epic level content, plus those can be passed around from multiple toons since they're usually not bound. There's also the chance that he bought what he needed out of the DDO Store, but I doubt Az did that.

I used the auction house to fill out my +1 and +2's (still have 4 +2's to go before all 6 toons are covered for all 6 stats) , along with the occasional quest reward. I think I've only got a single +3 to my name, though. I haven't run anywhere near the amount of high level quests that Az has, though.

I had a nice long post responding to this, and it got ate.

I got tired of my wireless keyboard dying, so I bought another, wired, keyboard. A bit wider so I'll have to stretch more to reach the '9' and '0' keys, though most of mine don't have anything crucial in those slots anyway.

I never use anything wireless to this day.
It might look ugly, but at least its safe - unless someone chews through the cables, that is ! ;)

Bot wrapped up his 40th Shroud last night (myself and 2 others were added to a guild run and those guys were seriously good and quite nice- Guildless Guild- we ended up 11-manning with 3 clerics and still did Harry in about 2/3 of a round in pt4, plus I had a 1 move puzzle and I still wasn't the first one out), so I'm working on what to do with him. I took a look at what the guild lacks at low levels and what might be fun to try. The cleric past life isn't going to do me much good unless I run a pally or a double cleric, although the +1 conjuration might help a caster a bit. Anyhoo:

We're thin on barbs, bards, clerics, FvS, pally, ranger, rogue, and sorc.

I've already got half the active barbs with Klubbir, and his purpose in life was actually just to test warforged, so that's out.

We could use healers, but between Bot and Wouldii I'm a little burned out on that role, so cleric and FvS are out. If I went melee, I'd build a fighter over the pally and ranger, and we're pretty stacked for melee types anyway. Soooo, we're left with bard, rogue, and sorc.

I started playing with a sorc build in the character planner last night (I know, I am having muchly of the shame). Not sure I'm ready for another hocus pocus type, but it would certainly be a different experience from the pale master. Sherwin is the only active sorc, and he's practically to epic levels already, although the guild has a raft of wizzies so it's not like the arcane cupboard is bare.

I'm intrigued by all the assassinations jm and Az are getting, but I really didn't play my rogue properly when I had RhoGu--he was a fighter with lock-n-trap. While the guild can always use a trap monkey, between artys and rogue splashes we've largely got that covered. Overall, I'm neutral.

I suppose I could go arcane archer rather than the typical tempest ranger, but I don't know if that sounds interesting. Besides, I don't know if the guild could handle 2 players babbling on endlessly about manyshot. ;)

That leaves bard. Meh.

So, wise ones, thoughts? And, yes, I know it's up to me and all, but that's not really the point here.

Well I am in the same boat. No clue what to TR into or who. Maybe a topic we do need to discuss either here in slow type or ingame on Fridays. Would be nice to have a rounded out group. I know many of us have gear stached back that would be useless for certain builds. Oh well............need to think and talk on it IMHO.

(Did that help? ;) )

As a guild, we do have a slight advantage in that we're not really reliant on a dedicated healer. Between our overwhelming awsum-ness and most of us having some self-healing, we can pretty well keep ourselves upright without a healbot. While it's not easy, we've done OK with a lack of arcane crowd control, so even that's not a requirement Really, the only role we can't skimp on is the trap monkey(s) and that's not likely to be a problem.

What in the heck are we running tomorrow, anyway? I think we're all-hands-on-deck, so we're looking at a split. I seem to remember that Necro4 was next up unless we wanted to do the dragons in GH.

Ok, question about TR'ing. What is the actual purpose? Is it just to rerun the quests from the beginning with a slightly more powerful character. I can now create a 32 pt build so I could TR my sorc into...a sorc? What progression makes sense when TR'ing?

Or does it make more sense to play the epic content? There also seems to be different ways to TR from what I've read. I think I may already be into epic levels without taking them...experience point wise as my XP bar is wonky. It says something like 137,xxx/1,900,000. There's no way I'm getting 1.7 million XP anytime soon! Strong coffee this morning.

In a nutshell, TR allows you to start a new character without abandoning all the work you've put in to your current toon. You go back to level 1. Since you have 32pt, your TR will actually be a 34pt build. All of your inventory gets dropped into a reincarnation cache- basically an extra bank that you can pull from with your "new" toon. The implications of that are two-fold: one, if you've managed to get The Uber-Pointy Stick of Awesome Insta-Death, you'll be able to drag it out and use it again; two, you can plan ahead with gear, such as (if your sorc was going to TR into a fighter, for example) using your sorc to build a greensteel khopesh prior to the TR which your "new" fighter could pull out and start using 4 levels before it's possible for the new toon to build his own.

Past life also gives a little bonus based on the prior class. I don't know what the sorc past life gives, but for example my Friday toon (a repeating crossbow cleric) gets a bonus to damage rolls with ranged weapons because he's got a ranger past life. My pale master has an extra 10hp from his barbarian first life.

Most of the epic quests are pretty cool. It's worth running them at least once just to enjoy the content. From a character development standpoint, the epic destiny bonuses can be quite useful. That said, for whatever reason I've not gotten hooked on the whole epic destiny thing so I'm planning to TR long before really putting a dent into the destiny stuff. Peter has turned into a destiny junkie (az is pretty deep into it as well), so he might be more suited to sing the virtues of working on them.

Dte, have you considered either an Artie or a Monk, or even a Druid? I know we currently have a few druids, but they are a solid support class. I really enjoy the AA; it's versatile and good for solo runs. I plan to keep mine for the epics.

Sherwin, I'd keep your Sorc through the epics, at least for a short while though you'd likely find them easier with a second lifer. I TR'd my Sorc into my AA, but there are other possibilities such as a Wizzie, or even another Sorc. One other thing to consider with a TR is whether or not to try a splash build. I have a couple and they seem to work well for me.

We're supposed to do the flagging quests in Gianthold first. My fighter hasn't done Crucible, Madstone Crate or Prison of the Planes. I know some of you ran these during a Saturday to get others up to level. But not all of us have run them.

Actually, TRing from a 28 point build still takes you to 34 points. So you would gain 6 build points to play with, plus the passive past life. The second TR brings you to 36 point builds.

Each class gives a different passive past life feat, which stacks up to 3 times, as well as allowing you to take an active past life, which is usually a clicky of some sort.

Sorcerer gives +1 Evocation DC and +20sp for their passive. The active is a random-damage clicky with 10 uses per rest, and basically Mental Toughness (a bit over 100sp).

For a Sorcerer or caster Cleric or Favored Soul, or for that matter Druid, Sorcerer past lives are actually very useful. They boost the effectiveness of some of your best spells. It's still useful for Wizards, though Wizards often focus on other schools of magic.

Sherwin, be sure to run the epic stuff for the gear as well. You can buy stuff with commendations. And some nice items drop and are offered as end reward. Take your levels if you are done with all the lowbie stuff.

As Dte said, run the shroud a million times and get matts for a GS item. You can make nice stat and hp items if you don't want to commit to a weapon. Not mandatory but they are nice to have.

@ Dte....I think Reywind bailed on a last quest of something, but he will need to make that up as we all ran it. I forget what the heck it was but he should know. We may have to sort out who did what Friday in skype. I think we are on three pages of the Big Book at the same time and some of us will have to redo a few quests to get everyone back on the same page.

I seem to remember Reywind not getting the final GH walkup (Foundation) but he had enough XP for level 16 and 150 argo favor without it. I thought everyone had run the GH flags. Looks like cm's got the idea—we need to take inventory.

No we didn't. Some of you ran the flagging quests the day after Friday to get some toons not usually running in the Friday run flagged. Some didn't have other toons and used the ones running on Friday. I think Kaliebaka and Mariannelle did so they have to redo the flagging quests.

If we have to redo one we redo one. I can sit out and let everyone run it who needs so don't have to try with split groups. Would make the run faster over all. We can sort it in just a few on skype.

We managed yesterday to get Corwin's level 19 ranger to about 20k away from level 20. So 2 more quests and he should have his level 20 and be eligible for Eveningstar quests. :)

Congratulations, Corwin ! :) *thumbs up*

Afterall, farmers should do the farming, not rangers!! :) Guess I'm just another humble farmboy forced to save the world from an ancient evil!! No CM, this time I don't mean you..........though thinking about it.....Hmmmmmm!! :)

Back
Top Bottom