Risen 3 Timed quests?

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
After the tutorial I got some quests (by Bones and Jack I think) where the dialog/logbook suggest that they may be timed quests. Same goes for the main mission to get back your soul.

So is that a thing in Risen 3?

Ok, thanks.
Is it obvious that these events are timed?

Actually those are quests.
One of your main tasks is to "pacify" the sea. So you'll have to fight "rogue" pirates, three sea monsters, Sebastiano's ship and Crow fleet. Of those only Crow fleet is not timed, others are.

It's obvious for ship fights since if you read the quest logs, you know that eventually those fights will happen. It's not obvious for the first sea monster, but for the other two it is.

Just to add I had to reload twice on the third sea monster (on normal difficuly) and even then I admit I got lucky killing it. Is it perhaps too challenging, did anyone fight it on hard? IMO it was completely different difficulty from the rest of the game or I missed some strategy to kill it fast. Didn't have problems with first two.

Oh and Crow fight is a joke. QTE, me dead (sailor). Reload and restart the whole thing, for god's sakes… Pass QTE, another QTE (cannon), easy.
I HATE QTE!!! I hate no gamesaving during QTE scripted crap!!! If I wanted games like that, I'd buy Alpha Protocol.
And I'd pay twice for this game if overall combat was more challenging and the game was without bloody QTE. Will PB stop sucking up to console players already?

Thankfully Bones made another "sacrificial" comment, my hero used f word instead of me and I calmed down.

Last edited:
Well, it'll happen at certain times, but it's not really timed in the sense that you have to complete them within a certain amount of time. They're basically just triggered after you've joined a faction, gained a ship and completed X islands.

And yes, the third sea monster is a pain in the ass.

Actually those are quests.
One of your main tasks is to "pacify" the sea. So you'll have to fight "rogue" pirates, three sea monsters, Sebastiano's ship and Crow fleet. Of those only Crow fleet is not timed, others are.

I wouldn't call them "quests". They're story events that you have no choice but to participate in.

Call them whatever you want, but you do get both pirates and inquisition quests in the log before getting into fights. You just don't get their handheld location. :p

Sea monsters, true, you're forced into them without a choice, Final Fantasy invisible mobs random encounters design. Bad design. Bad. I do like many things in this game, but not that one - sea monsters should have been optional.
QTE and mandatory sea monsters are not what was advertised as "PB returning to it's roots". I don't remember any of that crap in Gothics.

Btw, I'm finally in chapter 4. Although I've explored the game thoroughly, some things are left unknown/unresolved to me, I'll ask about those in another thread, just like I opened one for D:OS.
No it's not legendary items, I found them all.

Yeah, I was not a big fan of the monsters. The sea battles, sure, they're good fun, but not the monsters. I just don't see the point.

Back
Top Bottom