2 Explosions at the Boston Marathon

A cynic would say : If this had happened in the U.S. there would be war. With Mr. Bush at its head.
So sad that people don't care about what happenbs in other countries.
German cynics say : This is just the way "the Americans" are : Self-centered, not bothering about what goes on elsewhere. Some cynics even doubt that Geography and world-wide History is even taught in the U.S. ...

Wow, smartie, why don't you propose to ban bombing first? Without those "anti-tax wackos" in the Boston Tea Party, you are still a loyal subject.

By no means I condone violence against innocent.

On the same subject, which Nobel prize winner could have done that?
US bomb kills 30 at Afghan wedding
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-125820/US-bomb-kills-30-Afghan-wedding.html#ixzz2QaHCuTuD

That is one detonation though. It leaves room for interpretation as the standard is that multi detonation attacks are terror acts.

First off: this is terrible, I hope we soon learn who's behind this.

A cynic would say : If this had happened in the U.S. there would be war. With Mr. Bush at its head.
German cynics say : This is just the way "the Americans" are : Self-centered, not bothering about what goes on elsewhere. Some cynics even doubt that Geography and world-wide History is even taught in the U.S. …

Yes, media attention isn't always fair. And, yes, education isn't all that it could be in the US. Neither is it here in Europe, though. So before you look down on the Georaphy knowledge of US americans, try this:
http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/states
Or try the "Geomaster" App if you have an iPhone, and check how much you know of African Geography. We can all learn, and we best start with ourselves instead of pointing fingers. And we can all contribute to better media, by supporting those that do quality investigative journalism beyond ideological constraints.

The US wouldn't be in Afganistan in the first place if it weren't for terrorism. I would have thought most people here would be smart enough to realize that, but apparently not.

yeah those catholics are blowing up people and cutting off heads in the name of Mary left and right these days….
Not "these days" but sure, they did and they did even worst than chopping heads off. Since Ireland seems a bit too far away from good ol' America, maybe I should refer to Mexican slaughters that happen regularly over the fence next to you ? I'm pretty sure Mexicans are very deep into catholic religion but again, I may be wrong and most of them may as well be Muslims ?

Not "these days" but sure, they did and they did even worst than chopping heads off. Since Ireland seems a bit too far away from good ol' America, maybe I should refer to Mexican slaughters that happen regularly over the fence next to you ? I'm pretty sure Mexicans are very deep into catholic religion but again, I may be wrong and most of them may as well be Muslims ?

Somehow I doubt that most members of the Mexican drug cartel are much into religion.

And, yes, education isn't all that it could be in the US. Neither is it here in Europe, though.
You couldn't be more right. French are particularly bad at geography, that's a fact but I 'm pretty sure we all mostly know where to point at for America on a world map. As well I'm sure many Americans don't have a clue about the location of many European countries, as brilliantly demonstrated here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cey35bBWXls ;)

German cynics say : This is just the way "the Americans" are : Self-centered, not bothering about what goes on elsewhere. Some cynics even doubt that Geography and world-wide History is even taught in the U.S. …

Oh good. I was afraid no one was going to start the America bashing after another senseless tragedy. Bombings are happening all over why not bash the other countries, I guess us self centered, uneducated Americans are easier targets.

The US gives more financial and military support to other countries than anyone. I personally would love to see us pull that support and close our boarders and clean up our own backyard, but despite our astronomical deficit and internal turmoil we will continue to send billions and troops to other countries and they will continue to hate us for it.

An American cynic might say if not for America you wouldn't be allowed to post your thoughts here and would instead be saying hail hitler.

Bombing people wherever in the world is a tragedy and in Boston it is just as much a tragedy. So I think in this thread we should focus on that.
I propose that we keep the anti-American / anti-European sentiments out of this thread and save it for another day.

Don't forget some Christian catholics ! You surely heard about Ireland, right ?

I was commenting on people that would attack HERE. I'm not aware of any Catholics engaging in domestic terrorism in the US or any cause for them to do so.

The White House is saying that any incident with multiple bombs is "clearly" a terror attack.

I still don't buy that at all. With a terrorist attack, the terrorists hurt you then threaten to hurt you more unless you change your behavior or pay them or whatever. They are trying to scare you into doing what they want you to do via extreme violence.

If the police get a message sometime soon with some sort of demands along with some details about the bombs to prove the message is coming from the people that did the bombing, then we've got a terrorist action. If not, it's just a murderer that uses bombs instead of guns.

I don't remember a list of demands coming out after the USS Cole bombing, the attacks on the US Embasies in Africa or 9/11.

Wow, smartie, why don't you propose to ban bombing first? Without those "anti-tax wackos" in the Boston Tea Party, you are still a loyal subject.

WTF? My comment was about at the seriously deranged people out there that form militias to 'protect themselves from the tyranical government' and constatly are talking about the 'coming revolution.' Those people are wackos and nothing like the actual tea party members from 200+ years ago. Way to take something out of context.

On the same subject, which Nobel prize winner could have done that?
US bomb kills 30 at Afghan wedding
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti…#ixzz2QaHCuTuD

Wow, coming the bombing of a marathon in Boston to the bombing of a wedding in an active fucking war zone 11 years ago. Stretch much?

Afganistan was a war. One that we did not start. Plenty of Americans care about what happens in other countries, its why our citizens, not even counting government aid, put more money into overseas charitable activities than another other country in the world.

But I know, its 'cool' for you super advanced Europeans to bash us 'backwards' Americans.

I was commenting on people that would attack HERE. I'm not aware of any Catholics engaging in domestic terrorism in the US or any cause for them to do so.

It's because they have a lot of money and power.

I see that you haven't heard of the Army of God...

I see that you haven't heard of the Army of God…

I am aware of them, however they are not Catholic (which was the original response I was commenting on) and while they have attacked abortion clinics and at least one gay bar, they don't (so far) seem to be in the business of general terrorism, so they don't really bear mentioning in terms of who might be responsible for the Boston Marathon bombing. Not their MO.

Alas, Timothy McVeigh was Catholic. Having a religion, or just a religious upbringing, doesn't matter to many people when it comes to such things. Nor does LACK of it.

Go read about sociopaths and you will understand.

Alas, Timothy McVeigh was Catholic. Having a religion, or just a religious upbringing, doesn't matter to many people when it comes to such things. Nor does LACK of it.

Go read about sociopaths and you will understand.

I should have said Catholic groups. Obviously anyone can be a sociopath. I don't need to read about them to understand that.

Hopefully, they'll catch whoever is responsible ASAP so people can get some answers. All this speculation is just making matters worse.

That being said, I'd be surprised if it was an organization. They usually tell the world about it the moment it happened.

The instant finger pointing, labels, comments on "who" does what, who believes what, are at the core mentality of what is wrong with our global culture. The word tolerance needs a lot of work now a days. This group of "whoever" is just that, single, messed up in the head, person or persons.

Right now the injured should be prayed for.

Back
Top Bottom