Witcher Spoilers, Lion Head Spider Cult.

The Witcher

Acleacius

SasqWatch
I wasn't sure what to name this and I didn't want everyone to have to read through that long spoiler thread.
Since, I seem to be the only one having problems, I wanted to know what you guys do when confronted with possible problems. :)
When you first start chapter 2 and are thrown in the sewers, in the alcove you find a dead knight, with a letter giving a map position, so first off since they are human and you have a monster sword atm, obviously you skip it right.
So what I would like to know is what happened if anyone doesn't mind mentioning how you handled completed this quest/area map.

A little bit of added info about Lion Head Spider Cult, I didn't know was that
Abby was a member and if you side against her, she curses you in their name. This is what I read, since I never sided against her.

What happened to me is
I could never find a way to solve it, I cleared all the members but the map marker remained. Then I read something saying it got info in chapter 3, so instead of solving it this time in chapter 2. I put it off to chapter 3.
Well guess what it just clears off the map, no more marker, nothing. :(

So, it's really weird that others aren't having problems, how can this possibly be solved?

Secondly I posted in the last day or two of how you were forced to fail The Axe quest. if you leave the Swamp while on one quest, even though you are not warned not to leave, even though they force you to leave the Swamp on another quest The Letter quest.
So is everyone skipping these, accepting failures, constantly using the meditation or replaying them?

Thanks. :)

On the Lionhead guys
I cleared the sewers of the Cult right after disposing of the manticore(?) with Seigfried but never got an update and as you say the map marker remains. I did just move on with this.
On the Axe
Bear with my faulty memory here as it's been a while since the Swamp. I had no trouble with it though--left the swamp at various times, but I think once I talked to the lumberjacks and got the quest, I talked to Vaska and pretty much played it straight through stage by stage. It worked like clockwork. But I didn't kill everything prior to getting all the quest updates--maybe that had something to do with it, maybe you killed the "good" fish people before you could reason with them.

Thanks for the info. :)
Nah, I didn't kill the fish guy, there is only one and he shows up at midnight and decides if your gift it worthy, well afaik.
I meant the monsters on the trial the lumberjacks needed cleared so they have a safe path home, there are 3 locations along the way back to the boat, iirc.

damn where you guys finding all these swamp quests?
finding fish people? That old woman keeps telling me her lords are nigh but I dont know what Im to do with that?

Also- as for the LSC, yes I found the note as well but I also remember that no quest triggered when I picked up the note and that, I think is where the quest breaks. Most items (ie trophies) will trigger quests for you as soon as you pick one up. So this leads me to believe the quest is broken at the body or there is a precursor, somrthing to spark this quest.

Just follow the trail to the Lumberjacks they start a 4 or 5 phase quest, btw after you get off the boat stay left, just keep on the left fork and you will see them, you will end up on the west side of the map.
Yaven (sp) also has one neutral quest, however his second quest is Not neutral so depending on your play style be careful. :)
Vaska gives you 2 quests, the second one can only be finished in chapter 3, but she is involved in the Lumberjack quest and there are 2 lumberjack quests. :)

the only lumberjack quests I saw was the beggartick and that random guy who wants to sell me all his stuff for 300 oren (and I didnt have 300 oren, so when I came back the offer was gone :()

Also back to the LSC, did anyone notice no quest is triggered after you pick up/ read the note nor after you clear out the crypt?

This is making me think this is an unfinished quests?
Maybe like Odo's dog?

Last edited:
Well you have to bring back the Lumberjack share of the gold, you promised him so he knows he can trust you, before he gives you the second quest. ;)

Shrapnel
Also back to the LSC, did anyone notice no quest is triggered after you pick up/ read the note nor after you clear out the crypt?
Yes, that's what I meant about this post and I am guessing it's bugged or unfinished, too. :)

Back
Top Bottom