Original Sin - Release Day

No, ALT will not highlight barrels, tables, dressers, vases, corpses, etc and doesn't work at all in Observatory where to pick bottles and other stuff you have to do good old pixelhunting. :)

Ahh, ok. Like I said, I've just started playing. I just remembered that Alt hightlighted things that were really hard to see for me, like lock picks and keys lying around. Not sure why it would be necessary to highlight barrels or chests, since they are so easy to see.

In my case, ALT was highlighting something that was hidden under an vase ... ;)

Just played a couple of hourse in multiplayer and really like it so far.

However the multiplayer dialogue doesn't work at all, especially considering this game was designed with coop in mind.

It's hard and partially impossible for the other player to follow the dialogue.
The dialogue window only shows up for both players if there is a decision to be made.
Otherwise only one player sees the dialogue window.
Both, what the player says and what the npc answers is displayed above the head, but it's faded out so fast, that it's impossible to read it, which makes it completely pointless.
And it's also displayed in a dialogue window. However there you can only see the NPCs lines (not the other player's the NPC is answering to) and if there are other NPCs around they are spamming away the text which makes it a pain in the ass to read it.

So we now decided to switch the language to german and read out loud the text of conversations.

But I really hope they are improving the dialogue system.

Overall it seems they've rushed it. Unimplemented features (personalities), usability problems (dialogs), missing localizations. So this can happen without an evil publisher forcing the relase. ;)

Imho they should have waited 1-2 more months.

I only played for about 15 min.

I will likely be shelving it for awhile. I was really looking forward to the personalities and dialogue system.

Maybe I misunderstood how it was supposed to work. I thought each NPC would have their own personality but it seems like we pick one for them? And right now there's only loyalty or not loyal I guess?

Maybe I misunderstood how it was supposed to work. I thought each NPC would have their own personality but it seems like we pick one for them? And right now there's only loyalty or not loyal I guess?

Loyal just mean the second player created character pick the same personality choice than the first one do. So you get the same traits increase/decrease. It's always a binary choice. If you select No AI, you have to select the choice for both characters (which is what I do).

Loyal just mean the second player created character pick the same personality choice than the first one do. So you get the same traits increase/decrease. It's always a binary choice. If you select No AI, you have to select the choice for both characters (which is what I do).

Thanks for the bit of clarification. I'll be picking loyal then, arguing with myself seems silly.

Hopefully they plan on doing more with this. I'll be disappointed if it gets left in this state.

As far as I understood you can set a personality for the second character only. This character will participate in dialogs.
The other companions (from which currently 2 are actually in the game, 2 more will follow) have their own fixed personality, though I'm unsure if they will participate in the dialogs.

This game feels like it was born to be played with a partner in real life.

While the AI personalities seem like a cool idea, it's not a big deal to me.

I've set mine to "loyal" and that's ok.

I'm still trying to figure out if I should play this for real - or wait awhile.

I'm in Witcher 2 chapter 2 - and I can feel myself losing interest. Bah! :(

@ Dartagnan - if you can, probably better to wait until they've ironed out the remaning kinks (which I'm sure they will, or at least make a good go of fixing).As it stands, I think it's a great game, but it was somewhat disappoiing that there were no extra companions at release etc.

As far as I understood you can set a personality for the second character only. This character will participate in dialogs.
The other companions (from which currently 2 are actually in the game, 2 more will follow) have their own fixed personality, though I'm unsure if they will participate in the dialogs.

You have conversation after specific events with the real companions and some these convo has both "PC" comments. They have their own background and look too.

Overall it seems they've rushed it. Unimplemented features (personalities), usability problems (dialogs), missing localizations. So this can happen without an evil publisher forcing the relase. ;)

Imho they should have waited 1-2 more months.
The backers were the evil publisher in this case.
Missing personalities is just your (and everyone's) nitpicking. I'm playing without any sidekick AI and am having so much fun with "catfight" dialogs I probably couldn't see if AI was predetermined so my duo would not disagree every time like now.

So far I didn't see any game crash, any graphics glitch (running on ultra and still my UPS never beeped like with unoptimized Unity games), any sound problem, any unfinishable quest, any overweight item undroppable from inventory, etc. Honestly, I'm asking where the hell are those fearsome bugs that are stopping people from playing this game?

Okay, maybe I didn't take some exact dialogue choice that would lead the game into a disaster. But for all I care, any rare glitches they don't have to patch ever.

And they should not have waited. In 1-2 months we get 3 more RPGs to play.

Missing personalities is just your (and everyone's) nitpicking.
Well… for me it's not nitpicking. For me this feature is really important.
D:OS most likely is a great game without this feature as well and I'd start playing if I hadn't another game right now or if I had a lot of free time for video games. ;) But I'm having Witcher 2 right now and very little time, so I'll just wait a bit.

Is it me, or did the person calling subtitles off by default an issue just call pointing out missing AI personalities a nitpick?

Sure, joxer is bonkers - but he's kinda cute all the same ;)

The backers were the evil publisher in this case.
Missing personalities is just your (and everyone's) nitpicking. I'm playing without any sidekick AI and am having so much fun with "catfight" dialogs I probably couldn't see if AI was predetermined so my duo would not disagree every time like now.

If they hadn't added it to the game, it would be a nitpick for anyone to say "I don't like this game because there is no AI personality system". But since there is, and it's not completed at the moment, it's not a nitpick, but a missing part of the game currently. Can you play without it? sure of course, just like you could play Wizardry or Might & Magic with only 4 classes and 1 race available, but the game is a richer experience with more options.

Is it me, or did the person calling subtitles off by default an issue just call pointing out missing AI personalities a nitpick?

Sure, joxer is bonkers - but he's kinda cute all the same ;)
Dizzee Rascal - Bonkers: http://youtu.be/ISy0Hl0SBfg

Sorry couldn't help it.

Subtitles should be on by default yes :)

Bugs are to be expected when you're continuing to add features at the last minute. In some cases, a publisher that foot stomps "no more features, test it and fix the bugs" can result in better quality software. Interesting turn of events, and lesson to be learned from crowd funding.

Well I haven't really noticed any BUG's, nothing to stop me from putting in way to many hours so far that is.

The only thing so that would be nice is if when you scroll around on the map if when you clicked on one of your party members it would take you back to where they are in the game. Sometimes it takes sometime to find them again.

Well I haven't really noticed any BUG's, nothing to stop me from putting in way to many hours so far that is.

The only thing so that would be nice is if when you scroll around on the map if when you clicked on one of your party members it would take you back to where they are in the game. Sometimes it takes sometime to find them again.

Double click the portrait... ;)

Back
Top Bottom