World Cup of soccer 2010

USA has been real unlucky in world cup, they had a penatly and red card against Germany cooming to them….. but the referee did not see that the german player used his hand to block the ball

Germany and USA are not the same group …

Sorry purple, but that was a very clear red card… and penatly… if you stop a certain goal with your hand you get a red card.

There is always a chance of a person missing a penatly, so otherwise you'd have people stopping the ball from a certain goal by hand all the time.

I think however that Ghana could have gotten a red card at the end of the first half, when one of the players kicked a Australian and nowhere near the ball…. and also maybe they could get a penatly 2 minutes into the first half… and the socceros were unlucky against germany too with several decisions.

Germany and USA are not the same group …

Not this world cup, it was a 2002 quarter finals, but I still remmember it because it was a very clear penatly and red card… and now a perfectly fine goal was dissallowed, so they have been really unlucky in the history so to speak.

Not a good cup until now with an exception of 2 matches. I hope it will get better from the next round. About the referees, mistakes are always in the game, as long as it's not always for the strongest team ;).

Bitching about the referees is just part of the game :) Well, I hope today Switzerland will bag their ticket to the final round by winning against Chile (although I also have lots of sympathies for Chile, I lived there for a while). Wednesday we play Ghana, have to win. Time to stock up on sedatives...

Bitching about the referees is just part of the game :) Well, I hope today Switzerland will bag their ticket to the final round by winning against Chile (although I also have lots of sympathies for Chile, I lived there for a while). Wednesday we play Ghana, have to win. Time to stock up on sedatives…

You play Honduras, not Ghana.

Übereil

You play Honduras, not Ghana.

Übereil

No, with "we" I meant Germany. I am German but live in Switzerland, so I cheer for both teams. And for Chile and the US, where I also lived. And other teams I like :)

Switzerland - Honduras in on Friday, by the way.

Damn, Australia is out >.<

Korea (south) is still in tho, so I'm happy for now but Uruguay will be tough >.< Could be a real short trip for korea... >.<

Glad to see the US advance. They got really unlucky with the referees.

Glad to see the US advance. They got really unlucky with the referees.

yes, but in all fairness, they got lucky with the goalkeepers :) the first game should have been a loss 1-0 against England.

yes, but in all fairness, they got lucky with the goalkeepers :) the first game should have been a loss 1-0 against England.

And they should have won the next game, so that really doesn't matter does it? I would much rather see my team lose a game because of a bad play from a goalkeeper than an atrocious call from a referee.

I think England was lucky..... because now they put James in, and he has been a whole lot better at everything.... they might have lost more games otherwise.....

Damn, Korea is out! Damn you Uruguay!!! *cry*

Oh well... I'm not interested in rest of games anymore =\

Back
Top Bottom