Does anybody know where I can get the Wizardry 8 speedup patch?

Sir Markus

Keeper of the Watch
I swear, I'm usually really good at tracking stuff down on the internet and do it on my own if possible without bugging other people by asking. But I just can't find the Wizardry 8 speedup patch ANYWHERE. I'm replaying the game and remembered there was a patch for the slow battles that makes the monsters move faster. Anyway, any help locating this file would be much appreciated.

Check out some of our Wiz 8 threads, or wait till Dte gets online as he has an inside track to it. I do know that we have several links to it in some of our threads.

I never used it, imo it was perfect if you just set the "combat speed" slider to maximum. There might have been another slider I also adjusted, "animations" or something like that.

Once you get used to using Wizfast it is painful to go back to playing without it.
Especially if you are playing Deathstalkers mod where there are big battles with large numbers of monsters.

Painful is FAR too tame a word to describe playing the game without Wizfast. My parents lived in Huddersfield for a few years when I was about 2 or 3 years old. Must have changed a great deal since then, not that I'd remember!! :)

Back
Top Bottom