Two Worlds II - Interview @ PS3Life

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Reality Pump's Mirek Dymek chats with PS3Life about Two Worlds II. The questions centre around the PS3 and multiplayer but here's a snip on the size of the gameworld:
The Two Worlds II map spans an amazing 60 km2, we're not fans of comparing but Oblivion had 41 km2 and already required a lot of travelling with interesting areas sometimes few and far between. How do you keep the players from becoming tired of traveling large distances?
Mirek Dymek: We have two methods of avoiding this - as well as the standard walking/running, players can ride, sail and teleport. Riding and sailing are much faster than walking or swimming - players will be able to see the environment they're travelling in - and actually enjoy their journeys. Well thought-out teleportation is especially important in our huge world. Thanks to fixed-location portals and mobile teleport stones, the player has a very sophisticated "travel network" at his disposal to get from A to B. And we've also implemented literally hundreds of side quests into the game - and these will guarantee that boredom remains an unknown word in Antaloor - even if a quest takes a player all over the vast continent!
More information.

Man, they just gotta release this game already.

Smells like they're getting over ambitious again - too big world, not enough content to fill it. I prefer the Gothic approach over the Oblivion approach, and this is starting to sound like the latter.

I hope I'm wrong though.

I dont think they sound over ambitious, the interview rather tells the opposite, that they want to focus on the core game and not details things (like being able to decorate your boat etc).

Not sure if anyone mentioned this: According to the Norwegian gaming site gamer.no, the release date has been set to September 15th in the US and September 17th in Europe.

Right. I think it's Sept. 14th actually, but close enough.

September 14th US and September 17th UK!
Up to ZuxxeZ and distributors for rest of Europe.

Back
Top Bottom