The Banner Saga - 50% Off on GOG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Banner Saga is 50% Off on GOG for one day only priced at $12.49.

Gem Promo: The Banner Saga

In a real saga you crush your enemies skulls, not sweets.

The Banner Saga, a unique Viking-themed role-playing game with solid tactical combat mechanics, beautiful 2D graphics that look nothing like any other modern title, and a captivating heart-touching story, is now available 50% off DRM-Free on GOG.com, for Windows and Mac OS X. That's only $12.49 for the next 24 hours!
More information.

So far it's the only game I pre-ordered this year. But it was totally worth it! :)

Thanks for the post on sales like this. And whoever posted the indiegala sale on monday. I check rphwatch way more than those sites and would likely miss out on these.

Done! Been thinking about this game for a while. Might seem strange, but given that I have read it only has something like 12-20 hrs worth of content, that really appeals to me right now due to time constraints. When I see people putting 80+ hrs into a game like D: OS, this first thing I think is "Man, it would take me months to finish that game!"

Yeah, I've heard other people say Banner Saga was pretty quick to get through. To them I said, stop playing on easy and crank it up some, and plow through that in 12 hours or less. That shut em right up =p. BS will mess you up on hard setting, at least till you get a handle on it. But being messed up never felt so fun!

I have it at normal difficulty right now. I tend to suck at combat, so there is a distinct possibility I'll crank it down at some point!

One note, despite the audio problem I'm having occasionally (didn't this morning on the train), the thing is pretty awesome on a tablet. The touch controls work great. I haven't used a mouse or keyboard at all yet. The load times seem a bit long, but that may just be the game, not my Surface.

Back
Top Bottom