The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf - Interview @ VG247

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Tom Ohle steps up for a short interview with Videogaming247 about Rise of the White Wolf. Here's more clarification on the project:
Aren’t owners of the PC version going to feel a little miffed that you’re saying the console SKUs are essentially better than the PC game in both graphics and control?
I think that’s probably a bit of a misinterpretation of what we’re doing with Rise of the White Wolf. We simply weren’t able to efficiently move the existing engine to consoles, so we’ve worked with an external studio to make a new engine. We’re taking the same story from the PC game and essentially building everything else from scratch to take advantage of the consoles’ controls and features. The combat is really deep, but it plays more like you’d expect a console game to play. The graphics look great, but of course we have to work within the capabilities of each console. Basically it’s a console game through and through… any PC gamers who get upset about missing out on the features are hiding a dark secret: they actually prefer console games and controls.
More information.

.... You can use a gamepad on the PC. Aren't all GfW games supposed to support them?

HELL no I don't prefer console games..

any PC gamers who get upset about missing out on the features are hiding a dark secret: they actually prefer console games and controls.

This guy is stupid or what? i am a pc gamer i hate console games, i never found any enjoy playing on any console game, they simply sux for me, so stop saying that ppl like me hide a dark secret you moron.
________
M275 ENGINE

Last edited:
Take a deep breath. Tom isn't a moron. He's injecting a little humour into the outcry from people upset they are porting a PC game to consoles that will hit two years after it was first released for the PC.

Shall I post the Webster's definition of irony, or would it be better to just giggle about post #3? :giggle:

Internet rule nr. 512:

'Do not use Irony, 23% of all people do not understand it!’

Take a deep breath. Tom isn't a moron. He's injecting a little humour into the outcry from people upset they are porting a PC game to consoles that will hit two years after it was first released for the PC.

He is a moron. He doesn't realize that people can use a game pad on their computer if necessary. And he insulted the entire PC gaming community.

I don't understand sarcasm. If I was being sarcastic, I didn't realize it and I may or may not have meant to be sarcastic.

Relax. Yes, he made a joke and yes, it was obvious. So you can map your keyboard and mouse controls to a gamepad on PC. There are even a rising number of games with gamepad support out of the box. The point is that PC game controls are designed differently than console game controls, based on what's available for those separate platforms. What the guy was saying simply boils down to: we're just going to make this version play great on consoles, so if PC gamers are feeling left out, they have to realize that the only thing they're really missing out on is the console optimizations.

Well, One COULD make a PC game that required a gamepad. I have a gamepad. How many serious PC gamers do not have a gamepad? I'd even buy 3 more if a game came out with splitscreen for PC :p

I admit that I envy the amount of games consoles get. I don't see a reason why they don't port them to PC and sell them, even via digital distribution.

He is a moron. He doesn't realize that people can use a game pad on their computer if necessary. And he insulted the entire PC gaming community.

Tom isn't a moron - you're being ridiculously sensitive to a tongue-in-cheek comment, which was a reprise to some PC gamers calling them sellouts and liars.

I'm pretty sure that Tom's 10+? years in the gaming industry has exposed him to using a gamepad with a PC. But that's not really the point.

I don't feel put upon by a game company porting their property to a console, unless it represents a shift to a new lead platform. But in this case, CDPR is beginning to look like a one hit wonder.

o_O How exactly do they look like a one hit wonder?

I don't feel put upon by a game company porting their property to a console, unless it represents a shift to a new lead platform. But in this case, CDPR is beginning to look like a one hit wonder.

http://www.cdprojekt.com/

Uh huh, look at all those one hit wonders from CDP which CDPR is a part of.

:star:Sarcasm Alert:star:But you're right. They should of magically made another one by now instead of giving us that huge upgrade that cost them a lot and owners of the original Witcher, nothing.

Back
Top Bottom