Gothic 3 Not Able To Get Codes To Work

jamrkid

Traveler
Hey All! New member here. The amount of info in this forum is great! I'm hoping for some help with 2 issues. First is, in the Ancestor stone quest, I have gotten all but 1, Argin's stone because when Osmund(?) and I cleared the orc camp, apparantly the Shaman who had the stone ran off, died somehow and I could never find him. I have tried using the It_Ancestor_Stone_05 code but it won't work. I have the ini file changed and the game I am playing is patched with ver 9 so I even uninstalled the game and rean it unpatched and tried again with no luck. Some codes work like "goto", kill, spawn sh and all the teach codes work, just not the ones I need.
The other issue is similar in that it involves the quest with Orknarok. I can get him all the way to Kalesch, but he is of course hostile and will not trigger or talk so I tried the Fire chalice code (It_FireMageCup 1) code and also, nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Take care!

Welcome to our forum! :)

The older Gothics used German keyboard layout for cheat codes. Maybe G3 does it too. The "_" is on the key next to right-shift.

Yes welcome to the board. :)
Since some codes are working, I am betting Gorath has it right, I have to use the alternate keys as well since I use US keyobard, but lets us know if that doesn't work

Thanks for the warm welcome! And the info of course, unfortunately, if your talking about the ( ? / ) key I tried both ? and / with no luck. I am thinking it's telling me honesty is the best policy ;) In any event, I am going to start another game and make sure I get the access and items I need before I start tearin cities up, heh heh. If anyone thinks of something else, I would greatly appreciate the help. Take care!

Back
Top Bottom