Anachronox released on GOG

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I love that game, awesome humor, Canadian loonies, funny characters and comic level!

The beginning is TOO slow and long, the ending is crap, but the middle is FANTASTIC FUN!!

Ending isn't crap, the only problem is there wasn't Anox2.
Unless you got fond of Grandpa... ;)

The beginning is TOO slow and long, the ending is crap, but the middle is FANTASTIC FUN!!

Ending isn't crap, the only problem is there wasn't Anox2.
Unless you got fond of Grandpa… ;)

Well that's because it was rushed out unfinished and the project was canceled. Still I found it enjoyable even if it hasn't aged well.

I played it when it came out. The game was fun and had great characters, but I hated the battles (reminded me of jRPGs), which made me quit it eventually. Haven't touched it since. (Maybe I should give it a go again someday.)

I've never even heard of this. Is it any good? It looks very cyberpunkish from the screens so I might get it just for that.
I liked it. It has a good sense of humor, has quite a lot of variety between its locations and a well written (though hardly exceptional) story. It is a JRPG at its heart though (but with less tedious combat and androgynous characters).
And it has elements of both cyberpunk and space operas.

All of the jRPG comparisons have killed it for me. I just can't stand the things! Oh well, it's not like I have a shortage of things to play. :p

All of the jRPG comparisons have killed it for me. I just can't stand the things! Oh well, it's not like I have a shortage of things to play. :p

There's been a degree of exaggeration with the jRPG comparisons imo. The only thing about Anachronox that struck me as jRPGish was the combat. The setting, characters, dialogue, artistic style, humor…etc, are all far more Western. Don't forget this was developed by Ion Storm.

I'm going to have to eventually get around to buying this from GOG...
I love GOG and DRM-FREE. :D

Um… Why Anachronox isn't on RPGwatch games database? Anyone knows?

Just stumbled upon a week-two old tweet where Anox producer Tom Hall confirmed that the game title (world name) and robot's designation were the result of the brainstorming a certain place. A place perhaps we should visit more often then? :)

28u1lcy.jpg

When out of ideas I guess I should buy an enema. :)

Back
Top Bottom