RPGDot pulls the 'A Fond Farewell and New Beginnings' thread

txa1265

SasqWatch
Just noticed that the new item here has been pulled ... and the thread is gone as well. At least they seem to have noticed that you are gone ;)

That was to be expected and is called damage control. I would have done the same, really.

True enough - I posted for informational purposes. The post there was respectful, but still it was inevitable that it would be pulled.

That was to be expected and is called damage control. I would have done the same, really.
I normally run and hide from the political stuff as you know, but rebounding around after visiting the above link I found this; http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2216276 and couldn't help but wonder what on earth the fond farewell thread must have said which could have rated deleting, if this one was allowed immunity.

Badger

That one was from an outside source and the (then) mods and admins allowed it. The new one was almost the entire RPGDot Staff posting an item that more or less implied 'farewall and thanks for the hassles, we'd rather pay than deal with you for free'.

That aside, if *you* owned the RPGDot site, would you want a bolded post stating that the staff had left?

Ah.... well if it was "bolded" then nuff said! :D

Yep - pretty sure that was the straw that broke the camel's back ... ;)

Well someone there asked where it went and Dte sort of did a sneaky, "I'll tell you in the closet" post. lol

Are you implying I'm in the closet? :p

I figure I'm in a slightly better position to act with impunity, so I'll make sure the word continues to get out one way or another.

Try to write "RPGwatch" on the RPGDot forum, post the reply or topic and prepare for a surprise...
Seen it :D.
They cannot auto-censor urls, however. The word censor can change the name of a link, but not the url... at least it could not while I was trying.

Last edited:
So, the *entire* staff packed up and left?

One has to wonder what the reason was... :p
Anyway, do you have any clue as to what will happen with the original website? Will it be maintained, or... ?

Congrats on the new site, by the way. It looks pretty good. Hopefully this will expand further quickly so it may rival the original one. :D

Links get auto-censored into www.rpgdot.com too, but I made a fix:

Hm, I dunno.. isnt' that like advertising for other forums, something we didn't like at RPGDot either when we were there? I agree that the word must get out about our spiffy new site, but no need to overdo it in my opinion. We don't want a war with our old home, even if it's not ours anymore.

I experimented with the word censor myself to get rid of some of the gold spambots, but all I ended up with were links saying 'Cucumber Farm' which still led to gold-selling sites when clicked. So the link text might have been censored while the link still did what it was supposed to do.

controversey! ='.'=

i wonder if this mutiny is going to make the headlines on any other rpg sites

NFG REBELLION ROCKS RPGDOT!

Sounds like something the Codex might use!! :) Someone with power over there should give it a go!! :D

Back
Top Bottom