Crazy Robbery in Stockholm

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch
The crime rate has been escalating in Sweden lately especially armed robbery… this time takes the prize though… it is like in a movie, the robbers drove an helicopter landed it on top a cash depot, blowed up the roof and lifted the money out through it. After that they flew away again with the helicopter, landed next to a lake 30 kms away and dissapeared. The police had no chance to follow, and was delayed even futher by the fact that the robbers placed cases ( which might contain bombs ) next to the police in Stockholms 2 helicopters.

This is really scary… how the heck do you prevent something like this from happening??? and just how many people most have helped to make this robbery possible?

Last edited:
It's a government plot to increase support for FRA.

(Just kidding)

That is just a little awesome. Normally criminals are so dumb that it's amazing that they know how to get dressed in the morning. All the really cool crime is always in the movies. I wonder if the mastermind behind this has a cat? :D

Sorry, I know it should be serious, but this is like seeing a flower that has only one flower every 20 years. I doubt we'll see anything like this in awhile. We'll soon be back to the bad guys who forgot to bring their guns to the bank robbery.

Last edited:
We had a somewhat similar incident here in Denmark earlier this year. The robbers first stole around a dozen garbage trucks which they used to block all the major roads from the nearest police station to the money depot they meant to break into. They parked the garbage trucks across the roads and set them on fire. All the small roads around the money depot were covered in spikes so the few police cars that did manage to arrive at the scene of the crime instantly had 4 flat tires.

It all took place within half an hour in the early morning hours and was executed with the disturbing precision of professionals and they got away with several million euros. The police was without a chance to do anything but stand there scratch their heads wondering what the hell just happened.

Totally Hollywood like scenario but unfortunately very real.

While I agree with you about that in principe Tragos, It is not that simple, ussually this kind of robbery is executed by organized criminal organisation, they would use the money for a lot of things, like buying weapons, drugs, recruitment etc etc, which in the long run would render a lot of damage, on top of that the cost for such a robbery is very high.

When none gets hurt who cares about money?

In both of the cases robbers proven to be highly intelligent

I'm all for bending or breaking the law when the law is beyond stupid, but robbery doesn't apply.

Does it matter if no one got hurt or that the insurance company will probably cover the losses? Does it matter that they are highly intelligent? In both cases, hell no.

If they are so intelligent they should try to put that intelligence to a productive use or at least one that isn't leeching off of everyone else. This time no one was hurt, but that doesn't mean it will always be like that.

I admire they way they pulled it off, but still hope that the cops can throw them in jail one day.

While I agree with you about that in principe Tragos, It is not that simple, ussually this kind of robbery is executed by organized criminal organisation, they would use the money for a lot of things, like buying weapons, drugs, recruitment etc etc, which in the long run would render a lot of damage, on top of that the cost for such a robbery is very high.

Because my whole family works in banks and i know one or two things from "inside" it cost far less to be robbed rather than protect their buildings .
Banks exist to profit and they couldn't care less about creating damage ( driving poor people into crime included) .

skavenhorde said:
I'm all for bending or breaking the law when the law is beyond stupid, but robbery doesn't apply.

Does it matter if no one got hurt or that the insurance company will probably cover the losses? Does it matter that they are highly intelligent? In both cases, hell no.

If they are so intelligent they should try to put that intelligence to a productive use or at least one that isn't leeching off of everyone else. This time no one was hurt, but that doesn't mean it will always be like that.

I admire they way they pulled it off, but still hope that the cops can throw them in jail one day.

Reasonable post but the fact that none got hurt beats all the financial losses , of course cops must give their best to nail them and robbers have to try keeping their loot , this is the nature of the game .
Robbing robbers like the banks it isn't that wrong.

In a way this is a sign that new security measures work, as the scum is forced to change tactics. Security routines have been updated a lot since the wave of robberies a few years ago.

They will be caught, if not for this then for some other robbery. The circle of criminals capable and willing to carry out this kind of spectacular robberies is pretty small and the police has a pretty good idea of where to find them.

That also makes it pretty nonsensical to mix up high profile heavy robberies with other kinds of crime, the correlation with petty crime rate isnt particularly strong. Bank robbers and friends are an elite among criminals.

In my personal conspiracy theory department ( ;) ) , I'd assume these were the same terrorists who developed the insane-but-successful plan to fly a few planes into some world trade towers so long ago.

That also makes it pretty nonsensical to mix up high profile heavy robberies with other kinds of crime, the correlation with petty crime rate isnt particularly strong. Bank robbers and friends are an elite among criminals.

The robbers are often caught, the money is seldom found, except the part the ones to carry out the robbery got……. that's because a large part of the money is given to the "behind" immidietely and the police have no chance to trace that.

Because my whole family works in banks and i know one or two things from "inside" it cost far less to be robbed rather than protect their buildings .
Banks exist to profit and they couldn't care less about creating damage ( driving poor people into crime included) .

No surprise there banks care about short term profit the most, and could care less about others especially the poor…… that's why we got the crisis too. However this is getting better as insurrance companies now refuse to insure banks if they do not work much with their security, one bank here was robbed 4 times…. finally they had to invest in their security…. it might not cost the bank that much to be robbed, but it is a trauma for costumers and it cost a lot of tax payers money to deal with it, thus I think banks which on purpose save money on security should be seriously punished. In this case it doesn't apply at all though, first of all it was not a bank that was robbed, and second of all it was a building operated by a company focused on secure handling of money, and I don't think it is reasonable to predict something like this happening.

Robbing robbers like the banks it isn't that wrong.

One day it'll end like this or worse. *Disclaimer: Turn down the volume if you're allergic to heavy metal.;)*

Those guys didn't care who they took out as long as they got away. So…yes, it is that wrong.

I totally understand your point, but robbing a bank doesn't really help. It doesn't even hurt the bank. The only thing that hurts them was this crises and we even bailed them out of that. God I wish they would of let Bank of America fold. I hate that place….sorry, I have to say that whenever I'm talking about a bank. They're the blood sucking leech, but you can't kill a leech with another leech….I think :)

In this case it doesn't apply at all though, first of all it was not a bank that was robbed, and second of all it was a building operated by a company focused on secure handling of money, and I don't think it is reasonable to predict something like this happening.

Good to know there there is some short of obligation for the banks up there , i don't think there is anything close to that down here .

Money transfer guys ? i wouldn't be surprised if this was an inside job.

One day it'll end like this or worse. *Disclaimer: Turn down the volume if you're allergic to heavy metal.;)*

Those guys didn't care who they took out as long as they got away. So…yes, it is that wrong.

I totally understand your point, but robbing a bank doesn't really help. It doesn't even hurt the bank. The only thing that hurts them was this crises and we even bailed them out of that. God I wish they would of let Bank of America fold. I hate that place….sorry, I have to say that whenever I'm talking about a bank. They're the blood sucking leech, but you can't kill a leech with another leech….I think :)

Thank you for the clip ( i love metal btw) , i only posted about robbery not murder and i do not understand how anyone would put a human life in danger just to protect something as worthless as money.

Inside jobs are pretty darn common...

The robbers are often caught, the money is seldom found, except the part the ones to carry out the robbery got……. that's because a large part of the money is given to the "behind" immidietely and the police have no chance to trace that.

Nah, from what I understand it is pretty rare for someone to mastermind the robberies from between the scenes. The money disappears because the robbers are a) smart enough to do basic money laundry, e g exchange the stolen money for clean money
b) big spenders who burn money at an amazing rate.

If you think so Zaleukos, unfortunately I do not have any proof that I could provide where the money has gone… and if I had I would probably have a high bounty on my head :p

Update: There was an estimate by an expert that the depot might contain 100 million euro…… in that case this could develop to be the biggest robbery in swedish history…… even if the robbers got 6% of all the cash there. Important to point out that nothing was confirmed.

Last edited:
@Tragos- your total ignorance of a fundamental need of society (the concept of property) is truly impressive. Good on ya, Robin Hood. Directly or indirectly, those crooks stole YOUR money and you're applauding it. Impressive.

If you think so Zaleukos, unfortunately I do not have any proof that I could provide where the money has gone… and if I had I would probably have a high bounty on my head :p

Update: There was an estimate by an expert that the depot might contain 100 million euro…… in that case this could develop to be the biggest robbery in swedish history…… even if the robbers got 6% of all the cash there. Important to point out that nothing was confirmed.

You are right insofar that the robbers dont get anything near the nominal value of the stolen money into their pockets and that there is an infrastructure behind them that takes much of the profit, but it is still the robbers that mastermind the robberies. The background guys are primarily bankers and disconnected from the "operational" side. And why would they risk to involve themselves with the act of robbery (that carries a fairly hefty prison sentence by our standards) when money laundering is profitable enough, harder to prove, and doesnt carry as stiff a penalty? Better leave both planning and risk to the stupid brutes.

6% of 100 million Euros is a lot of money, but if you split it on 10-20 robbers, subtract laundering fees, and take into account the costs of expensive cars/drugs/partying they'll probably be at it again in another 12 months or so.

Back
Top Bottom