question concerning unofficial patch and the russian 1.1 patch

D

drakelbob

does the latest unofficial patch include the changes from the Russian patch, thereby rendering the need to install the Russian patch unnecessary?

does the latest unofficial patch include the changes from the Russian patch, thereby rendering the need to install the Russian patch unnecessary?

Yes and no. It includes the game related fixes, but not the executable fixes, because the executables are copy protected. You can run it with 1.0 but you will miss the 1.1 engine optimizations.

On GG version, if I use the 1.1ru patch and they ask for a disk check. Is there a work around? Or am I forced to just use 1.5?

Has anyone been able to find the diskless version of the 1.1 patch? Now that the Deep Silver forums are down, the "this thread contains a link to the patch" is no longer valid, and sadly archive.org has no copy of the thread.

I can run the game with the GamersGate 1.0 version just fine, but I would like to get the optimisations. The only 1.1 patch I could find uses the StarForce DRM, although thankfully I did a full-backup of the folder so it was easy to revert.

I looked for that for a long time but had no luck, I dont think it exists. In the end I just downloaded a disk image, mounted it with daemon tools to keep starforce happy, and patched the game to 1.1.

Check my post called how to buy white gold. It has a link for the 1.1 diskless patch.

Back
Top Bottom