best mmorpg?

Best mmo out there?

• World of Warcraft

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Lord of the Rings

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Atlantica Online

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Other (if other please post which mmo)

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
There are so many mmo out there. The best one as most 3d mmorpgs I've run into is Runes of Magic. It's very similar to WoW. Rune scape is also good. They are both fantasy style games with gameplay that mirrors the most popular pay to play mmorpgs. The most popular sci fi mmorpgs are Eve Online, Star Wars Galaxies, and Star Trek Online.

My favorite of all time was the original EQ, closely followed by EQ2. I have played Wow, and quit twice ... it just seems childish in comparison, and the community is absolutely horrible. Don't get me wrong, I had fun in WoW, it just wasn't as good, IMO as the EQ's. I had a lot of difficulty taking it seriously, where in EQ, I often felt like I was actually in Norrath (which is the entire point of an RPG, no?). EQ2 was not quite as immersive, though it certainly became more polished as it matured, but some of the game mechanics were so heavy-handed they made the game world feel more artificial. WoW multiplied that by 10.

EQ1 (original) and DAoC for "past" games.

Current favorites are WoW and City of Heroes/Villians.

EQ1 (original) and DAoC for "past" games.

Current favorites are WoW and City of Heroes/Villians.

I miss DAoC sooooo much.

That game had THE best PVP (I should say RvR (Realm Vs. Realm)) and was relatively well balanced.

Tried Warhammer Online but that was a let down. STILL haven't tried WoW.
MMORPGs are too time-sinky for me these days :D

City of Heroes and Everquest 1 have been my favorite ones (and I've played almost them all)

I feel like MS is a high standard MMORPG, I had this problem before, and browse the forums for technical support, they have solutions to all.

Hi yall… been long time since i been to rpgdot web site, but i found ya here.man, that was a cool site for information on the fly. oh well, things come and go on the internet..

has anyone tried Rift beta yet? Open beta is Feb 15..i have been playing WoW for 6 years. i have left that game for Rift . ya, its that good, imho

ive tried or played nearly all rpg games since the day i stumbled onto Gothic 1. that game took me away from FPS's and got me hooked on 3rd person rpg games. that was my very first rpg game. loved it! as ive done most all the others along the way. i can actually say, the game above mentioned currently has my money.

cheers:

Back
Top Bottom