Deathspank - Product Info Sheet

Dhruin

SasqWatch
VoodooExtreme has a product sheet for Ron Gilbert's Deathspank from PAX that might help fill in some gaps. Co-op is included, which may spark interest for some:
Publisher/Developer: Hothead Games, Inc.
Platform: Too numerous to mention, including PS3, XBox 360, PC…
Genre: (Very Funny) RPG
Players: Single-Player Quest / Local Multiplayer Co-op
Release: 2010ish
Rating: “RP” for Rating Pending (Target – “T” for Teen)
Overview:
Charming. Intelligent. Enigmatic. These are just a few words that nobody ever uses when describing DeathSpank.
Developed by indie developer and publisher Hothead Games and created by Ron Gilbert of LucasArts adventure game fame, DeathSpank will bring to life the hilarious adventures of the game’s titular hero. Set on a wrap-around world map with a unique art style utilizing 2D elements in a 3D world, DeathSpank will roam the world on his many varied quests without ever encountering a load screen.
Gameplay is divided between uncovering the story via conversations, solving complex puzzles, equipping your character to maximize his strengths, and battling anything else that moves. The single-player quest allows players to explore the world, get to know the many interesting characters along the way, battle a large variety of enemies, and collect from over 100 different types of weapons and over 100 types of armor. As he conquers his enemies, DeathSpank will be able to level up, collect loot, and acquire new abilities.
The development team has been creating a unique gaming experience by focusing on humor at every turn, perpetually fun and visceral combat, and an engaging story with deep and complex puzzles.
DeathSpank will feature witty dialog, improbable scenarios, unexpected villains, and a robust collecting system for weapons, armor, items, and abilities. The action is easily accessible for short bursts of fun, but the story is revealed over 15+ hours of gameplay. In addition, players can choose to search out rare items and tackle the game’s many hearty side quests and will also have a chance to co-op with sidekicks in single-machine multiplayer.
Key Features:
RPG Gameplay: Movement and combat is perpetually fun and visceral, making it easily approachable to many gamers. Combat stats are easy to understand and are influenced by different collectible items and abilities earned by the player throughout the game. DeathSpank will battle a large world full of interesting and challenging enemies.
Adventure Quests: Help DeathSpank be a hero to the downtrodden. Players will enjoy deep and complex adventure game puzzle scenarios as they work to dispense justice and vanquish evil, as well as entertaining and informative dialog puzzles with the world’s many inhabitants.
Customization: Through collectible armor, weapons, and varying abilities, players can customize DeathSpank to their liking and to suit their style of play. They can also choose from several sidekicks that will be acquired while travelling around the world.
Charged With Humour: This game has humor everywhere. Hilarious quests, witty dialog, silly puzzles, ridiculous characters, visual gags, and over-the-top animations all contribute to the game’s humor. The elaborate storyline begins as DeathSpank searches for a mysterious artifact known as The Artifact.
Depth Of Play: DeathSpank keeps track of his adventures in a Quest Log, listing both ‘Important Things I Need To Do’ and ‘Unimportant Things I Need To Do.’ Players who have completed the story mode can choose to play additional quests and will be rewarded with exclusive equipment.
Unique Art Style: The game’s eccentric personality extends to its art style, which uses charming 2D elements in an immersive 3D world. The different areas of DeathSpank’s world are laid out on a globe, and the character is shown at an angle which gives a rolling perspective as you move about. There is an expansive world to explore and there will be no load screens.
More information.

Looking forward for this tongue in cheek rpg. :)
Shame the release is a bit far away.

Glad to see that it is a nice intentionally funny game - these are always good!

This one sounds like it'd be fun to play. I'll be looking forward to it :)

I like anything by RG, so this will be a definite must buy for me.

I did see screen shots from this, for a week ago, and it did look ugly and nothing I would go near!

Now I have seen the ingame movie, and I must say, it look quite charming, in motion that is, plus the Monkey Island hurmor is just great, I think I going to love it :)

When they mention puzzles, are they thinking puzzles or the dreaded jumping/timing puzzles?

When they mention puzzles, are they thinking puzzles or the dreaded jumping/timing puzzles?

I think it's more like the puzzles, you find in Monkey Island! There are a eksampel, there you need a job, but to get it, you need a special sword, but the one that got it, will only give it to you if you bring him some ekstra hot food, it's easy to find the food but then you need some spice etc.

Never played Jump & Run games, did you ?

Back
Top Bottom