Geneforge 5

Melvil

Super Duper Super Sweet
Hey folks

I was wondering if any of the staff here had actually done a review of Geneforge 5 yet? I can see that it hasn't ever surfaced on the site, but it kinda struck me as odd. Dhruin usually takes the lead on Spiderweb games (historically, review-wise). Is it lost in an editing black hole, or are you guys tired of Vogel's games?

Just wondering

Played and finished Geneforge 5 - loved it - but got bogged down getting a review done. In fact, I don't think I finished a single full article this year. :/ My work schedule changed and I struggled to find the right balance.

As time went by, I sort of gave in the fact that I won't catch up.

I'll take a different approach next year and will certainly review A6. Still love his games.

It's funny - when Dhruin said he was going to review, I had started a 'second opinion' as I had played on both Mac & PC ... but sadly there wasn't enough there to make a full review, and by then I'd have needed to go back and replay, and time just kept marching on ...

The game is great so far, very difficult in spots playing on hard, but extra rewarding when you figure out how to get through an area. Looking for some advice though, I'm using Leadership, but neglecting mechanics. So far I've been cut off from a fair amount of stuff and I'm just wondering if Mechanics ends up being a skill you guys level every time you play. I'm tempted to pump it up to about 10, but my Sorceress needs more and more Int and magic skills to survive the increasingly hard encounters.

I was thinking of playing Rebellion as a stealth type character if I felt like more Geneforge after this playthrough, but the updated engine makes it hard to go back for some reason. Geneforge at 1920 x 1200 actually looks pretty good.

It does look decent, doesn't it? This is what frustrates me when people say it looks worse than Ultima 4 (or whatever). Come on.

I steadily trickled points into Mechanics over the whole game, topping out at about 12-13 at the end. Not a key focus, but enough to scrape into most locations.

I finished the game with 9 in mechanics - but I always carried a set of infiltrator gear which could give me an additional +4 mechanics if I wore it all. That was enough for my play-through...

Ya, that was what I ended up doing. Just wondering, is it possible to remember who you are by the end of the game, cause I managed to get some scraps and visit a woman about it, but nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom