New Mass Effect - What Do Gamers Want?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Creative Director Mac Walters asked what fans want to see in the New Mass Effect game on BioWare's Twitter webpage. The following link has more information.
Bioware is currently hard at work on the next Mass Effect and it’s rumored that the developer will be showcasing a new trailer for the title at E3 in L.A.

Fans are very eager for some new info regarding the game and hopefully the rumored trailer proves to be true. As for now the creative director of Mass Effect has send out some tweets on Twitter in which he asks fans to share their ideas of what they would want (new feature, system or gameplay) in the new game.
More information.

I'd like to see Mass Effect meets KOTOR; a plot less about saving the Galaxy and more about telling a personal story. With more fine grained character development including stats, skills, and perks. But that's just me.

I don't use Twitter.
And I posted my thoughts what I want on Bioware's official forum, not some social network. I hope(d) Mass Effect is not Zynga game that needs social networking.

Two weeks old post of mine:
http://forum.bioware.com/topic/497512-me4-ideas/page-2#entry18694685
1. No DLC. No DLC. And no DLC.

1.1. No microtransactions aka no pay2win.

1.2. No Dungeon Keeper milk'em phonegames renamed to Mass Effect aka no virtual beggar scams.

2. No selling thin air aka selling nothing aka seasonpass scam.

3. No bears aka no Dragon Age: Bears aka no endless respawns aka no godlike undying mobs.

4. No plotholes aka no ME3 ardat yakshi aka no ME3 etc.

5. No DX crashes unfixed for three months after the release.

If they dare to do this, we'll receive a game of decade.

If they don't dare to do this, I'll wait for some 50+ percent off discount before I buy it.

Well, it's relatively simple.

I just want Mass Effect 1 with much better MAKO exploration, expanded loot/RPG mechanics, less filler combat, and a new story.

Well, it's relatively simple.

I just want Mass Effect 1 with much better MAKO exploration, expanded loot/RPG mechanics, less filler combat, and a new story.

Add Bear DLC and that sounds perfect.

I can never get into the ME games - they're just way too console for me. Horrific UIs, horrific controls, flimsy RPG elements. Nothing ever clicks.

So I'd rather see a PC first/only game (not happening so the dream can end there) with stronger RPG elements and that is not some pesudo MMORPG soloist experience like DAI filled with ultra generic repetitive random tasks and mind numbingly boring arcade combat.

Fortunately PC gaming is ultra strong right now and all kinds of great games, incuduing many RPGs, are coming out all the time, so the fact that EA/BioWare is a console/masses-first company these days isn't such a big deal.

Horrific UIs, horrific controls, flimsy RPG elements.
Interestingly, I say that UI/controls port of those three games superb and dunno what's filmsy nor what's negative in being filmsy whatever that is.

ME games are shooter/RPG hybrids. Better hybrids than those, I have yet to see.
There are three things wrong with ME trilogy:
1. EA's DLC storycrucial cutouts sold for Bioware Points crap/scam.
2. ME3 not available on Steam.
3. DLC, multiplayer in ME3 plus phonescam games are made more important than singleplayer c&c decisions through the trilogy.

wouldnt mind some heavy DAI influence in the next mass effect, but for the love of everything unholy stop dumbing down rpg elements.

No matter what gamers want - EA won't do it.

Or, rather, they'd listen to the most vocal minority, cynically put.

Mass Effect turn-based ? Like in DOS ? "NEVER !"

I'd like to see Mass Effect meets KOTOR; a plot less about saving the Galaxy and more about telling a personal story. With more fine grained character development including stats, skills, and perks. But that's just me.

I agree with that. Big stories are out-fashioned now. ;)

^Good luck showing anything but a tiny minority would want a turn based ME game.

Not throwing "choices matter" out the window would be a good starting point for a new series.

Space bears. IN the Mako.

Something like this?

9a01ea56161ab09f0a8738d782c0bb41.jpg

Carefull what you wish for. :p

I personally approve of a new alien race that looks like bears.

Thanks Couch! Added to the trollpost on Bio forum.

Ha, samurai space bears! Thanks Couch. They could have space bear ninjas too.

Kulrathi - it reminds me of something but it must be just accidental… :biggrin:

joxer: I see you like to play target for flak of Bio boys units. :) But you need to bring more depth and lore. Bio like it. For example - I imagine that space bears have big arch enemy. Like this:

star-control-2-shofixti.jpg

They fight over control of meat… ehm, sheeps. Race of big sheeps. So its epic struggle and OSN templars are unable to make peace between them. So they need new hero to come in, protect sheep race and find new home for them. They need new Shepard to became real galactic… shepherd. :p

Deep lore, epic conflict, super hero, cool charismatic races and mega space bears, its all there… they will like it. :love:

wouldnt mind some heavy DAI influence in the next mass effect, but for the love of everything unholy stop dumbing down rpg elements.
Not gonna happen. At least not unless EA decides to make a non-AAA department to make the game. When you throw hundreds of millions of dollars at a game you need it to sell MASSIVELY. RPG stats are numbers and numbers scare a whole lot of people so don't expect to see them. Complex stories don't work because most people can only play in small chunks of time.

Hard core RPGs have to come from the B teams. They make the game for a modest sum and earn a modest sum for it.

It's possible to actually have another kind of game: the luxury RPG. Give it high quality voice acting and graphics, a complex and smart story, a detailed and brainy combat system, and expect to only sell a million copies. But sell them for $250 a piece instead of just $50. It sounds nutty but looking at the average amount some kickstarter games are getting per donator… maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom