RPGWatch - Lords of Xulima Interview

Like this interview, Couch! Thanks!

Also interesting insight in that this game was almost done before they kickstarted. I don't think most kickstarters are that far up on the curve… I'm looking at you Sui Generis. ;)

Thanks for the support and encouragement guys. As a bonus I asked Numantian Games if we could do a key giveaway contest on our site. I'm just waiting for the reply.:celebrate:

Great interview, Couch! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Lords of Xulima is a game I have yet to play, so hopefully I can get in on that key giveaway contest (if it happens)! :)

Thanks for the interview. This is the first game I pledged to, so it's special to me.

I like the way they're going, I agree that a 100 hours game doesn't need an expansion.

Looking forward to receiving my boxed copy. :)

Like this interview, Couch! Thanks!

Also interesting insight in that this game was almost done before they kickstarted. I don't think most kickstarters are that far up on the curve… I'm looking at you Sui Generis. ;)

To be fair - the whole thing is called kickstarter. And not Polisher. :D

I want to see many more games from these guys!

Glad they realized that some mechanics became tedious the way they were implemented. The game being too difficult is definitely not one of them. I played 100h on classic diff (1 play-through) and while I sometimes had to pick my fights, I simply destroyed in the end.

My biggest complaint was the boooooooring loot. Only randomized incrementaly better loot with very little variation. Give me Pillars great loot finds!

I loved the game, but in the end I was glad it was over (meaning 100+ h was a bit long for doing the same most of the time).

Some of the interview questions *might* be considered cringe worthy if they appeared on professional news site but this is fan site for RPGs so I won't mind even if Couchpotato behaved like an over exicted teenage fan girl :D

My biggest complaint was the boooooooring loot. Only randomized incrementaly better loot with very little variation. Give me Pillars great loot finds!

Agree. For me, half of the fun in old-school RPGs comes from finding THE special loot. Very rare, often named weapons, armors, etc.
For example in Wiz7 we had Excaliber, Cane of Corpus, not to mention the famous *Light* *Sword*. ;)

LoX tastes different and tastes good. One of the best CRPGs of the 21st century
And I like 100+ hours games.
My only complaint has been said by Kordanor:
"I think they should get together with a professional writer."
The story about gods and so on is confusing, boring and unatractive and the style of writing looks very amateurish. I am spaniard -not very fluent witn english- and the original spanish version is equally bad written even with grammar mistakes… It really seems to be made by a not very brilliant teenager.
BTW, Good and interesting interview!

Last edited:
Nice work again couch.

Lords of Xulima was a game of the year contender, and that's really saying something given it was released the same year as D:OS, Wasteland 2, M&MX.

Definitely looking forward to anything else these guys put out. If they can learn from LoX and make the next one even better, well, that's even better for us too.

Very enjoyable game! The completionist in me, did force me to clear every zone, so if you make a similar game in future, a few less enemies in each area would be appreciated. ;)

I knocked up 161 hours on my clock, and as an old school player myself, loved the difficulty exactly where it was!

Daniel.

Game was too long for my taste, Lords of Xulima 2 please try to keep it under 60 hours, I'd rather play 2 60 hour games than one 120 hour game.

60 hours too short. Around 80 would be just right for most. I myself love long games and if I am having a good time playing I do not care how long it is.

60 hours too short. Around 80 would be just right for most. I myself love long games and if I am having a good time playing I do not care how long it is.

Not me, my desire to continue the game drops dramatically after 50 hours. If I see I'm near the end of the game, I can plow through the last bit. But in the case of LoX I already had like 50 hours and hadn't fought the first titan yet, it looked like I wasn't even halfway there, so abandoned it.

Back
Top Bottom