Risen 3: Titan Lords - New Screenshots

I just read through the "bug-me" threads over at worldofplayers, where fans asks PB different questions.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...ur-Questions-Answered-by-Piranha-Bytes/page16

We have made many meetings and had long conversations to wrack our brains about things we can do better in Risen 3. We made longs lists with things and features that should be modified, left or added. At least Risen 3:Titan Lords is the third part of the series. But the world is more different, more open, there's more to explore and more to find. Minilocations are more individual and there are much more items to use or to use for crafting. The story is less linear and many quests just can be played if you choose the appendant faction. There are more individual quests at all. Magic is back, you can loot people, you can swim and much more. The fighting system is modified and more free. The story is dark and a little bad sometimes. Animations are made new by Motion Capture including, fight, dialogues, daily routines and monsters. Decisions have more impact to the world.
There are much more points i could tell you but at least you have to decide for your own. If you're not sure that you would like it, let's give it a try or wait for the first let's play. I often do so.
Hope you'll like it as we do.

The area people played was hopefully the begining area which is always more linear in the Risen series. Though it's a bit odd to show off the "worst" and most linear location first, it will not give people a good impression.

But if you can't climb to a location that doesn't mean you're not able to reach it anyways.

So i take it the game has some type of teleportation spell (i doubt it's levitation).

After the release of Risen 2 there have been a lot of threads about the topic "That is good and that's crap." There were many different wishes and sometimes it became a little bit confusing. So we have created a list to evaluate what is really important to you and what is possibly just wanted by individuals. Then we have counted how often a feature was mentioned to prioritize them. For example : dragons are favoured by one and swimming by 20.
So we had a list of features that were obviously important to you and then we evaluated what is feasible and what is not. So if 3 smaller features were easier to realize than 1 large, we rather decided to choose the three little ones. Furthermore we have to consider that different features bind different staff and working hours. We are very proud that many things could be realized with Risen 3. Many of the features have been revealed yet like swimming, more different locations, a more gritty story, magic, looting and much more. I sadly can't tell you all of them now but we hope you'll be pleased and will like the result.

Sounds pretty good, though it should since it comes from PB, but you get the impression that they actually have listened to their fans. Hopefully its a good game afterall.

Last edited:
In the video there were creatures up on the cliff on the other side of the water so I'm not sure if it is actually linear and it could be just idiots saying it is. The narrator of the video is crazy.

Speaking of Gothic 3, I just started a new game using the high graphics .ini file on the Steam forums and this is one beautiful game (at least for scenery); I think it looks better than Skyrim.

Sorry for the off-topic, but I was considering a new run through G3 too, with the CP 1.75. What .ini are you using?

Not watching any of the linked videos or reading the threads. But when I think of G1, G2, Risen 1, and Risen 2... they all start out 'corridor-ish' in the early areas. And aside from G3, none of PB's games are as open world as TES games or Witcher 3 (from what I know of Witcher 3 that is).

So the criticism that R3 is looking to be a confined corridor-ish game may be much ado over nothing. And when you consider the entire body of PB works, the accusation becomes highly unlikely. Anyway, guess we'll all know for sure this August.

Looking at this video, I was thinking of doing a drop strike on these insects when I was looking down at them from above; and I was relieved to see the bonfire to fill my Estus flask and attune my pyromancy ….

wait this is not Dark Souls or Dark Souls 2, this is Risen 3! /DarkSouls OFF/

Anyways, the gameplay looks good and the environment looks very colourful, but I couldn't see that you are able to hit friendlies like in the Gothics?

Still have Risen 2 to play, but I cannot say I was overwhelmingly impressed with the screenshots as I was with the first Risen. It seems that graphics have reached a peak in what we can expect. The limit is now with the artists, not the engine or the video cards.

Still have Risen 2 to play, but I cannot say I was overwhelmingly impressed with the screenshots as I was with the first Risen. It seems that graphics have reached a peak in what we can expect. The limit is now with the artists, not the engine or the video cards.

Risen 2 is a pretty gorgeous game, I think. Try it and you'll see. Risen 3, to me, looks very similar to Risen 2 in terms of graphics. It will probably be a little better but it most likely won't be a huge jump forward.

Not watching any of the linked videos or reading the threads. But when I think of G1, G2, Risen 1, and Risen 2… they all start out 'corridor-ish' in the early areas.

I think the Risens are that way somewhat, but you can go anywhere you want from the start in the Gothics. The only thing that perhaps makes them corridor-like is the enemy placement and the fact that so many things can kill you with a single hit in the beginning.

My biggest complaint about Risen 2 though is how overpowered your companions are. Throughout much of the game, you can just hang back and let a party member kill everything that you're not strong enough to kill yourself while you collect the XP and loot.

In fact, if I understand correctly, the last patch for Risen 2 made it so that your companions can no longer even be knocked unconscious during battle. I REALLY hope this is not the case in Risen 3.

You can't go anywhere in the Gothic's, except for G3.. many areas opens up after you complete quests, and some opens up after a certain chapter.

Yes these games needs to be hard, i think Dark Souls is a great example that games can be challenging and people will actually still buy them.

I enjoyed the previous Pyranha Bytes games so I will most probably enjoy Risen 3 as well. But after seeing the available footage, I can't help but think "been there, done that".

It is most likely that they will again follow the typical Gothic formula but I do wish that they would try something novel and different.

I think the Risens are that way somewhat, but you can go anywhere you want from the start in the Gothics.

What I mean is that if you consider each game (except G3), you have to take a corridor type path at the very start. For example:

G1: You start at the location where you are dumped into the prison world. From there, you have to descend the mountain before the game really opens up.

G2: You start at Xardas tower and have to descend the path before you truly get into the game proper (with the small exception of heading down to the small area where you can find Lars camping out.

R1: You start on the beach and until you get all the way up to the hermit's house, it is fairly corridor-ish.

R2: The starting island is very small (at least with what you can access of that island at the very start of the game). Might as well be a 'corridor.'

However, in each of the above games, you can spend a considerable amount of time in all of these starting areas if you want to properly explore them. I probably spent at least 1 hour in the starting areas of G1, G2, and R1 despite the fact that the available territory is fairly limited relative to the rest of the game.

Anyway, if the pattern holds, PB probably has a small starting area, fairly limited in terms of geography, that let's the player sort of acclimate to the game.

Yes these games needs to be hard, i think Dark Souls is a great example that games can be challenging and people will actually still buy them.

Challenging yes but Dark Souls hard? No thank you!

Challenging yes but Dark Souls hard? No thank you!

Did you play Gothic 1-2? They were quite similar to DS in difficulty, very unforgiving, i bet a lot of people died directly in G2 with the wolves just outside :) Though when you figure out the proper way to take down enemies in DS its very simple, same in Gothic.

Did you play Gothic 1-2? They were quite similar to DS in difficulty, very unforgiving, i bet a lot of people died directly in G2 with the wolves just outside :) Though when you figure out the proper way to take down enemies in DS its very simple, same in Gothic.

True, but at least in Gothic you don't have to fight at the beginning to survive. You can just buy/sell things and avoid fighting until you had a decent weapon and armour. From my first 15 hours with Gothic (not completed it yet), I have not yet died once and I tell you, I suck at combat!

In Dark Souls, you have to go into combat to progress, and die and then learn. I can learn in Gothic without dying :biggrin:.

That's just possible vurt. I played G1 and 2 and finished them both. To be honest I only tasted DS because I just couldn't navigate/fight with m&k and I wasn't prepared to buy PS controller for just one game.

EDIT: but there is your answer from somebody who tried both of those games.

Back
Top Bottom