Bethesda Softworks - Next Game Revealed Thursday

Who says it's going to be an RPG?

Given Bethesda's history, it would seem a strong probability. I'm just curious if it's been confirmed.

Who says it's going to be an RPG?

Given Bethesda's history, it would seem a strong probability. I'm just curious if it's been confirmed.

Don't think we know that as of yet :)

Could be anything, really.

I didn't see any hint about this being an RPG. Bethesda has released games in lots of other genres as 3rd party titles.

It looks like something they are publishing not developing like they have been starting to get into lately with games like "Pirates of the Carribean" and the "Star Trek" games they published. This probably won't effect what they are developing so we just have to wait longer to find out what game they are developing next.

I read a comment on one of the sites that were talking about this game saying this is a genre breaking fps game. That still gives it a chance that it could be something like "Precursors" or "Borderlands" so we just need to wait for more information.

EDIT: The information on the game came from here http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/bethesda-reveals-three-pronged-european-expansion-plans

FPS?
Why am I not surprised. Bethesda already proved with last two titles they can't make another decent and interesting quest driven story. And you don't need that in FPS.

FPS?
Why am I not surprised. Bethesda already proved with last two titles they can't make another decent and interesting quest driven story. And you don't need that in FPS.

HELLO?! *flaps arms around wildly* Bethesda is not making this game.

It might be worth to note that Splash Damage did a few really REALLY great maps for the multiplayer portion of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, which landed them the gig of making the multiplayer portion of the expansion pack for RtCW. When said expansion pack was later cancelled they chose to release the absolutely excellent "Enemy Territories" for free.

They continued the concept with the Quake themed Enemy Territories: Quake Wars which is also a bloody brilliant multiplayer shooter.

While not exactly relevant for the Watch, I for one am going to keep a close eye on this one due to Splash Damage's excellent prior releases.

*EDIT*
Oy! BN stop flailing those arms of yours or you might poke someone's eye out :p

So.. Brother None, do you think Bethesda will develop this game themselves?

That's my take on his point. ;)

Terminator: Future Shock, I believe. Was pretty popular in its day, using the same engine developed for Daggerfall.

They also made some car games or something.

Last edited:
That would make some sense, because of the upcoming movie.

Back
Top Bottom