Gothic 3 Warning: Make Poison Skill is bugged

elkston

Sentinel
I am sure this has already been discovered by someone, but I am presenting
it here for the benefit of others.

Twice I have tried to learn the "Make Poisons" skill. I attempted to learn
from the swampweed farmer in Lago and also the Alchemist in Balkaresh.

In both cases the message "Learned Skill: Make Poisons" is displayed and my
learning points are deducted. However, the skill icon does not fill in when looking
at the character sheet and when you actually try to make a poision at the
alchemist bench it says "Missing skill: Make Poisons".

So obviously something is wrong with learning the skill. At this point it seems
like a it cannot be done. This sucks because now the only poisions you can get are those you can buy or find. (I haven't found any actually, only seen them for sale and in small quantities). I was planning on making a good batch of poision arrows but I can forget about that now.

Does anyone know of a workaround short of using a conosle/cheat? In the meantime do not try to learn the skill because you will waste LP for no benefit.

EDIT: Just to add, I have applied the patch (who hasn't ? :) )

EDIT2: Actually, would someone trying reproduce this bug in their Gothic 3 as a test? I would help to have confirmation from another player. Just try to learn the "Make Poisions" skill and tell me the icon goes to red (indicating it is learned) in your character screen.

Last edited:
I bought it, it didn't showup and it seems to be universal, not sure anyone has gotten it working.
I can't use the console due to a grapical errors, but you could try adding the Perk and or adding Poison potions.
If your real strict player just dump the needed ingredients in a chest somewhere or just don't press the Gold button on a merhcant window and give them the ingredents so you could buy them back.

There is no skill reqirement minimum level of achemy value marked against that icon in the skills tree menu. Yet it is placed between icons for "potions with permanent effects" (40) and "brew transformation potions" (60) ...maybe you have to learn the previous skill "potions with permanent effects" before you can "make poison"...?

There is no skill reqirement minimum level of achemy value marked against that icon in the skills tree menu. Yet it is placed between icons for "potions with permanent effects" (40) and "brew transformation potions" (60) ...maybe you have to learn the previous skill "potions with permanent effects" before you can "make poison"...?

Yes, good catch there. Though I suspect it just indicates that the entire
skill has incomplete or corrupt game information. And I do have the
"permanent effects" skill. Actually if I didn't have the requirements, I think
the game would tell me so. The data record it uses to get info on the Make Poision skills is probably just broken in some way.

There are other bugged skills too - I can't get the "light armor" thing in the magic tree to work either, it's supposed to double armor from robes, but that never happens in my game. I've tried on two different characters and neither get it the armor bonus, so I end up using paladin armor or orc armor on both since there are no requirements.

Back
Top Bottom