BG 2 Bounty Hunter

bloodlover

Sentinel
Anyone here played BG 2 as a BH ? I was thinking of making one due to the fact that they are fun to play.

I was thinking of a halfling with the following stats :

Strength 17
Dexterity 19
Constitution 17
Intelligence 13
Wisdom 10
Charisma 14

I have not decided yet on the weapons I will use, but I am thinking dual wield ?

yes, but it was 10 years ago so I can't remember any details. I think I played an elf ninja and I was able to get my dexterity up to 20.

I'd like to poke in some of the NPC interactions that go on NOT with the players but with the NPC's alone that never get noticed - Caigen and Aerie and Haer'Dalis and Aerie for example.

Stats look pretty much optimal.
Max set traps asap. In other basic abilities, specialize according to your party composition.
Dual wielding definitely. Best off-hand weapons are those which offer +1 attack to your main hand (there´s one short sword and one scimitar which do that). Since short swords are useful for thieves in general (backstabbing), putting a point in them should be a must. Other good main hand choices are long swords and there´s also a nifty overpowered katana. Put a point in short bows for backup (the one which offers additional attacks per round is the best).
If you become bored with the class, you may try to dual class it to mage (level 11 is the best, you´d have to play a human for that), but be aware that single class thieves really come into their own at higher levels due to their diverse HLA selection and, in the case of bounty hunters, also maze traps.

Anyway, if you don´t mind being spoiled a bit, there´s a comprehensive thief guide here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/470765-baldurs-gate-ii-throne-of-bhaal/faqs/27550

Also, if you plan to play with mods, check out Rogue Rebalancing. It´s an all around well thought out one, adds more distinction to the classes and contains a great thief-flavored encounter: http://www.shsforums.net/forum/79-rogue-rebalancing/

Last edited:
Yes, definitely dualwield. I generally prefer Longswords or Katanas myself due to certain excellent weapons (Celestial Fury, for example). Without mods, you can backstab with any melee weapon available to you as a Bounty Hunter (but not weapons you gain access to through skills or multi/dualclass).

Oh, and keep in mind that you never need more than 100 at setting traps etc, so if you have items that boost your skills you can often leave it at 80ish.

Back
Top Bottom