Skyrim - "DLC will feel more like expansion packs"

Actually, I don't think anyone said that TES expansions were ideal.

I'd want something along the lines of Hordes of the Underdark or Lord of Destruction. Both expansions expand gameplay in significant ways - in addition to adding new campaigns.

Even so, something like Bloodmoon with the werewolf feature and the huge additional landmass would be great for Skyrim - only with another setting and set of new mechanics.

So, I don't think we want an "Enhanced Edition". We want a real expansion that adds new gameplay features and balances those already there, in ADDITION to adding significant new content. I'm not just talking about a single area lasting 5-10 hours as the usual DLC. A good Skyrim expansion would add 30+ hours of content as well as lots of new gameplay features/perks/skills.

I'd pay 40$, easily, for that.

OK, I agree with that. The "enhanced edition" was more addressed to CPRGnuts post: stuff like expanded dialog for existing companions, overhaul of factions etc. - that's not what I associate with an expansion.
Bloodmoon was the best TES expansion that I played (played all of them except Shivering Isles), and I agree that that would be a good template - adding a new "style" of environment, new style of quests (building that outpost, namely), and some additions to core gameplay that fit the new content (becoming a werewolf). 30+ hours of gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom