The Things That Excited You

So glad things turned out on a positive note. I can't imagine going through that. I imagine not knowing what caused it could be very stressful. Somehow knowing something defines it and makes it more manageable. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you all.

As for the cause, has stress been ruled out? Mental stress can sneak up on you and your body can and will react if you don't pay attention. Not that I have any reason to think it's stress - I was just wondering. Other than that, it could be not eating or drinking enough - again causing your mind and body to react.

This is what the doctors believe this to be all about. We are going to be moving this summer and is causing a bit of stress. It just depends on whether or not the dizziness and fainting recur. If not, it's all going to be chalked up to stress.

So glad things turned out on a positive note. I can't imagine going through that. I imagine not knowing what caused it could be very stressful. Somehow knowing something defines it and makes it more manageable. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you all.

Well the good news is that even though we aren't sure of the exact cause of the event, we do know that a huge number of big bad things have been ruled out. So this is somewhat reassuring going forward. Aside from this episode, doctors find that her health is actually quite good. No brain tumors, no blood disorders, no heart disease, no cancer, no thyroid issues, no bleeding in the brain... the list goes on of what IS NOT wrong and so there you have it.

This is what the doctors believe this to be all about. We are going to be moving this summer and is causing a bit of stress. It just depends on whether or not the dizziness and fainting recur. If not, it's all going to be chalked up to stress.

Well the good news is that even though we aren't sure of the exact cause of the event, we do know that a huge number of big bad things have been ruled out. So this is somewhat reassuring going forward. Aside from this episode, doctors find that her health is actually quite good. No brain tumors, no blood disorders, no heart disease, no cancer, no thyroid issues, no bleeding in the brain… the list goes on of what IS NOT wrong and so there you have it.

Good news in deed. And trust me, in my days working as a general practicioner and a radiologist wannabe, this happened all the time. We really would like to know the exact cause, but we had to settle for excluding the dangerous stuff.

pibbur who believes that this is one of the reasons behind him shifting from patients to computers.

Good news in deed. And trust me, in my days working as a general practicioner and a radiologist wannabe, this happened all the time. We really would like to know the exact cause, but we had to settle for excluding the dangerous stuff.

pibbur who believes that this is one of the reasons behind him shifting from patients to computers.

I'm an expert for solving computers problems and often we really would like to know the exact cause, but we have to settle for excluding the dangerous stuff.

HiddenX who believes that modern computer systems are nearly as complex as biological units.
;)

I'm an expert for solving computers problems and often we really would like to know the exact cause, but we have to settle for excluding the dangerous stuff.

HiddenX who believes that modern computer systems are nearly as complex as biological units.
;)

Nearly, yes. But you can replace the units. As such it's more like veterinary medicine.;)

Pibbur who knows that when he nowadays writes software for the group of hospitals his department is serving and something doesn't work, it's usually his fault.

After reading your last comments, it kind of feels like a family now, here in these forums. ;)

After reading your last comments, it kind of feels like a family now, here in these forums. ;)

I've always really liked this site ever since I discovered it some years back. And by 'really liking the site' what I mean is the people here are quality people - most of the time, even when we disagree with each other, there is still a high level of decorum.

The people here are quality. This is the only game related site I visit every single day and aside from occasional postings at Gamespot, this is the only site I actively participate in the forums.

I was feeling kind of bad in the back of my mind knowing that with my wife sick I wasn't going to be posting on the subject as I've 'forgotten' about a number of threads I've started in the past and this time I just wanted to say something and I felt comfortable enough to simply say what is really going on.

Please note that all of these confessions do not preclude me from being a stubborn SOB in the future :p

I'm glad to hear we could offer some small measure of comfort.

Obviously, this being the only truly regular site for me as well - it means it's a quality site. Because where DArt resides - lack of quality subsides.

Ok, that was pretty bad ;)

True, :) perhaps you should visit our friends over at the Codex and try to help them out with quality as well!! :D

True, :) perhaps you should visit our friends over at the Codex and try to help them out with quality as well!! :D

The Codex is a good news source too but I'm not a member. They're meanies over there.

I'm late to the thread (swamped with work) but just wanted to say I'm glad your wife is OK, TheMadGamer. I hope she gets and feels better soon.

I'm late to the thread (swamped with work) but just wanted to say I'm glad your wife is OK, TheMadGamer. I hope she gets and feels better soon.

She's getting better every day. I'm in this sort of happy-for-everything-take-nothing-for-granted state of euphoria these days. Thank you for the well wishes!

Dizziness can simply happen by standing up too fast and causing the blood to rush from your head. There may be no medical problem whatsoever that caused it.

Back
Top Bottom