D:OS Original Sin on Early Access

Divinity: Original Sin
I know it was your opinion and your entitled to it. I just got a little riled up and yelled but i'm over it. Nothing personal.:)

I don't understand though why you feel your paying $40 to beta test? Your paying $40 for the game. With the option to beta test.

To me it's basically a pre-order but better because I can play it early if I wish.

Not sure why it matters that they say they want your feedback. Of course they want it but your not required to play it early and give it.

Nothing personal here either. I just get riled when I clearly state it's my opinion and I get yelled at. :)

Isn't the main purpose of early access to test and help develop the game? You are right when you say it's a pre-order but you can play early, but as I said if they want bug reports and feedback, there should be an incentive for the player to do so. I don't expect the game for free or even a huge discount, but a small discount for your help is not too much to ask, in my opinion. I am just very leery of pre-orders and early access now. Legends of Dawn was a train wreck and they still haven't delivered the rewards to backers. Grim Dawn is another. I paid for alpha access, which was full price for the game basically. it was supposed to be that way until the beta was ready. but they got behind and opened it up for those with beta access too. the difference was they only paid half of what I did in some instances to play the same thing I did. I was told by the developers that I got what I paid for. I disagreed. I paid for alpha access until the beta. I knew it would be a long while in between. If I had known it was only going to be a short while, I would have waited and not paid the full price. I also have serious doubts that this game will ever get finished. they still haven't even released act 2 yet!!!

Right or wrong, that's why I feel the way I do. I just need to get my confidence back in these KS and early access games. I am going to wait until the game is finished and then see if I will buy.

I don't expect the game for free or even a huge discount, but a small discount for your help is not too much to ask, in my opinion.

The Duo Pack is discounted, and contains a copy of Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity. The single game price matches the release pricing (retail and digital); I'm not sure how much flexibility Larian had on that, since they already have agreements with various distributors.

I am going to wait until the game is finished and then see if I will buy.

Sounds reasonable. If you aren't already planning on getting a game right away, anyway, there isn't much point to Early Access.

I bought this last night. It hasn't been optimized, but putting graphics down to Medium made it entirely playable. Saw a few glitches (I think), but it was very playable for the couple hours I tried it out.

Hope they get it right. Really cool so far.

Back
Top Bottom