Dragon Age - Toolset Confirmed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare has confirmed the toolset for Dragon Age, sending out a newsletter to those that signed up as "World builders". I didn't sign up but Ossian's Hugie got his newsletter and Bio programmer Scott Meadows picks up the topic on the forums:
Yay!

I can finally let my mouth go.

Yes we are very happy to confirm the toolset.

A fair warning though, there are still some things that I am not allowed to talk about. <looks around>

So ask away....
(What did I just get myself into?)

thx
More information.

Whew, that's part one.

I hope by "World Builders" they indeed mean that.

If there has been one thing proven well with NWN was its ability to create your own PW like nothing else ever made.

note: it looks like you need to sign in your birthdate before any links to DA forums work.

note two: Bio is keeping mum on creating your own areas for some reason. To me whether or not you can do this is a key selling point. My guess is they are concerned about not doing another NWN2 requiring the need for a third party file - a PWC.

Last edited:
note two: Bio is keeping mum on creating your own areas for some reason. To me whether or not you can do this is a key selling point. My guess is they are concerned about not doing another NWN2 requiring the need for a third party file - a PWC.
Or they're pre-rendering the areas ala The Witcher.

The thread continues saying more detail might be given in Seattle on Aug 31. I am going to assume that is tongue in cheek because Bio is never that specific when they can help it.

What was actually emailed was posted by Bioware now

http://dragonage.bioware.com/newsletters/worldbuilders_01.html

There are some tiny pictures.

here's a quote

"On-Going Toolset Content Updates: We have plans to release additional assets and features for the toolset in the future, allowing for expanded creation of new areas."

Back
Top Bottom