Dragon Age - Screens @ Worthplaying

magerette

Hedgewitch
Looks like the top five screens of NPCs and a library interior shown over at Worthplaying's Dragon Age page may be new. If not, hopefully they're atmospheric enough for a second look.

Also, if you haven't already checked out the GC2008 trailers from earlier newsposts, Action Trip has some quick and easily streamable versions here.
More information.

Gha! Worthplaying's pictures link to a TINY little window with a stupid ad?? Oh, I see, you resize the window to see the screenshot.

I have ad block so I miss that charming feature, but yes, just click the shot you want to look at and it goes fullscreen.

I realize that graphics aren't everything and that the game isn't finished, but this game's graphics look mediocre, and that might be generous.

Really? The demo I watched looked pretty great I thought.

I realize that graphics aren't everything and that the game isn't finished, but this game's graphics look mediocre, and that might be generous.

The character models are not Mass Effect quality, but I don't think the graphics are mediocre. I guess they needed to sacrifice something to get gains in other parts, like more NPC's on screen and larger draw distance.

I guess they needed to sacrifice something to get gains in other parts, like more NPC's on screen and larger draw distance.

... and Xbox 360 compatibility ;)

Mass Effect was a console game, with excellent character models.

However, I consider this graphic incredible - as good as can be expected from a 3D isometric game. This isn't a first/third person shooter after all.

The graphics are clearly not technologically bleeding-edge, but I like the aesthetics.

Then again, I'll take interesting and consistent aesthetics over bleeding-edge technology any day of the week. I liked the looks of Jade Empire way more than Mass Effect, and the former is technologically positively stone-age compared to the latter.

Given the time this has been in development, I consider this highly encouraging -- just perhaps they've spent that much more effort on story, gameplay, and environment design.

Eh? Mass Effect was a very different game with the camera pretty close to the characters. This one has the camera well back and above. Having a jaw slider is pretty pointless in a game like this. However, you are much better able to control multiple characters in a battle.

Also, if I remember right, Mass Effect had a lot of variety in the faces but actual bodies were very much the same.

Back
Top Bottom