NWN 2: Storm of Zehir - Release Date Discussion

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Atari's recent Gold announcement for Storm of Zehir didn't include any exact release dates (saying only "November"), so I thought some of you might be interested to know it hits some territories as early as the 18th (21st for NA and and early December for Australia), with Obsidian set to patch on the 17th. From Rob McGinnis:
Initial release will include English, French, Italian, German and Spanish next week (starting the 18th).

As to what countries, I am not sure. That is more of an Atari question.

We are planning for the patch release on the 17th.
More information.

Wow ... more and more busy, busy, busy times ... another pre-order.

I hate to ask, but has MoW even been released yet?

I'll buy SoZ anyway, but the MoW fiasco has really turned me off from Atari.

MoW has not been released. The DRM system for it (which will not be used for SoZ btw) will be implemented in the SoZ patch.
My guess is that MoW will then be released a short while after SoZ, a bit before Christmas.

giant-panda-eating.jpg

I'll go one better. Source here...

Edit: I had no idea what turned up when I searched "happy panda" on Google images...

xinsrc_84fc4d2702c94c68a4a9c88baaf1f97d_.jpg

can you guys let me know if SoZ is worth buying after you guys finish it? :p I'm very disappointed about whole NWN2 thing... but I've already bought the game and it's just sitting there. If SoZ is decent, might as well try. I'd rather wait for your opinion rather than buying it and get disappointed again.

What didn't you like about it? I thought it'd be right up your alley.

I don't know myself. It just wasn't fun for me. Maybe the dreadful camera setting. And unattractive graphic as well as the high system requirement. I didn't find Gann quite interesting enough. He was too charming for my liking. Safiya was alright... but didnt stand out that much either. Okku was the only NPC I actually liked. K the dove was just plain annoying. She was more annoying than Elanee and thats saying a lot. I hated going back and forth shadow plane and the real world. It just felt like a copy of Torment in a way. I liked the general storyline but quests didn't appeal to me.

I can't quite pin-point it. But it just didn't stand out for me.

Did you play with the camera settings? The default one is pretty awful, but it's possible to get it under control. And of course if your computer isn't able to run it smoothly, it will be unpleasant -- and SoZ is very unlikely to change that.

I did patch it up to date and also have MotB (notice I said I don't like Gann?) ;)

I also have good enough pc to run is smoothly enough if I turn off the shadow. It just isn't fun for me... for some reason!

Dhruiny in answer to your question...

Rob McGinnis
Assistant Producer

Joined: 02 Nov 2006 Posted: Sunday, 09 November 2008 04:04PM Initial release will include English, French, Italian, German and Spanish next week (starting the 18th).

As to what countries, I am not sure. That is more of an Atari question.

We are planning for the patch release on the 17th.

MoW has not been released (initial release was expected last year at this time and the latest January) and confirmed what many people speculated - SoZ would be released first.

I can't really blame Atari for not releasing it yet if their download system is not ready. Its jsut ashame is all.

I don't really like high level AD&D, so MotB wasn't a big sell for me. I'm glad SoZ is for starting parties up to teens. I'm sure I'll enjoy this expansion the best of the three official releases. I'm not into the influence thing, so creating my own full party will suit me just fine. In the original game, I really only liked Khelgar and Sand. If we have to have romances, let's have it with a non-party character. Let the main character have a fling with the barmaid, the local priestess, the lonely shepherdess, or all 3 at once :D I'm thinking Geralt type of romances.

I didn't find Gann quite interesting enough. He was too charming for my liking... K the dove was just plain annoying.

Too charming or "plain annoying" compared to what? Next to Bioware characters, they're pretty well-adjusted people. Does the fact that Gann doesn't need your PC to validate his emotions bother you?

Back
Top Bottom