Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Pushed to Dec 5th?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The recent Gold announcement for Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods nominated a Nov 21st release but almost simultaneous with the email from my preorder explaining a delay to December 5th comes this from Eurogamer (same source as the Gothic 4 piece):
We will, however, be treated to Gothic 3 expansion Forsaken Gods "in a few weeks", according to the spokesperson - retailers interpret this as 5th December.
Neither are official sources but retailers are often accurate this late in the process.
More information.

All I know is that while I could pre-order the 'gold' version of G3 (incl Forsaken Gods) I couldn't pre-order the expansion by itself.

@Northreign; Yes, I'm quite keen to test this one.

I think many of us are champing at the bit on this. I couldn't find another physical retailer, so I have no idea when I will actually be able to get mine.

It's not like I'd be playing it any time soon..... way too many good games right now, and I still want to go back and finish Gothic 3 anyways.

The expansion will be based on Xardas's way right?

Gothic 3 got borked about halfway through the game because the games balance was crap, lots of bugs and it just didn't seem to have any reason to continue to the end.

Major dissapointment.

Try playing it with Community Patch 1.6 or wait for 1.7 the game is much better than the unpatched version

Try playing it with Community Patch 1.6 or wait for 1.7 the game is much better than the unpatched version

By the way, is there any word on when the 1.7 patch will come out? Weren't it supposed to be released before the expansion (or something like that)?

i'm not surprised that the release date has been pushed to early December. the previous date of November was optimistic given that the recent preview was still full of glitches.

By the way, is there any word on when the 1.7 patch will come out? Weren't it supposed to be released before the expansion (or something like that)?
I think I've read in Jowood forums that they wont make it before the expansion ,I'm not sure thought .At least I hope it will be out before 2009.

i'm not surprised that the release date has been pushed to early December. the previous date of November was optimistic given that the recent preview was still full of glitches.

Yes, but remember the game has already gone Gold (at least, according to their public announcements) so this is just a distribution timing thing, not a still-working-on-the-game thing.

.... so this is just a distribution timing thing, not a still-working-on-the-game thing.

I won´t bet on it.
On the same day of the announcement, that G3FG went gold, it leaked out that there will be a release patch.

The German version is seemingly still on track for a November 21 release so it doesn't seem overly likely that they are delaying it to get their act together on the release patch. Maybe the delay of the English version is simply due to a manufacturing/logistics issue. Who knows? Could also be that Eurogamer got something wrong. They mention "Ancaria" in the news article as the world of Gothic but last I checked Ancaria was the world of Sacred ;) .

Anyway, I'm absolutely convinced that this expansion is going to be a proper disaster. Reasons for that firm conviction being the buggy as hell original engine, the poor track record of the Indian developer (the latest The Guild 2 add-on -made by them- seems to be a proper disaster, too), the poor state of the game as per previous showings, the very short development time, the indication of a release patch, the low price target (expansions are usually sold for ~EUR 30.00 not ~20.00 like Forsaken Gods), the lack of any greater scale advertising or exclusive previews in the German press like JoWooD usually did/does for their flagship brand. Seriously, this one smells like fail all over...

Yes, the 1.7 CP was originally estimated to be finished before the release of the expansion but it seems like the CPT decided somewhere along the way to achieve a few rather ambitious goals with 1.7 (due to 1.7 being the final CP and all that). They are keeping the contents of the patch under very tight wraps. No one but them really knows exactly what's going to be included. All that is known so far is that they were able to implement sounds for the drawing/sheathing of weapons and that they managed to make the AI attack in packs/groups instead of only a single enemy attacking at a time. Sounds pretty modest...
But who knows? From reading some of their posts you could get the impression as if they got a big, fat ace up their sleeves.. but then again if anyone mentions any big scale changes (like the combat system) they immediately dampen the optimism. Thus it's very hard to tell what 1.7 is really all about.

Yes, the 1.7 CP was originally estimated to be finished before the release of the expansion but it seems like the CPT decided somewhere along the way to achieve a few rather ambitious goals with 1.7 (due to 1.7 being the final CP and all that). They are keeping the contents of the patch under very tight wraps. No one but them really knows exactly what's going to be included. All that is known so far is that they were able to implement sounds for the drawing/sheathing of weapons and that they managed to make the AI attack in packs/groups instead of only a single enemy attacking at a time. Sounds pretty modest...

AI attacking in packs would change the combat dynamics quite a bit, I suspect they have to work a bit on tuning that.

Yes, but remember the game has already gone Gold (at least, according to their public announcements) so this is just a distribution timing thing, not a still-working-on-the-game thing.

for the good of the game, i hope that it is a logistic problem but i'm still bracing myself for any eventual disappointment. ;)

Hm, that should've been 2 days ago ... I haven't been in electronic shops since the Beginning of the last week ... So I can't say ...

Back
Top Bottom