Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Alpha Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The next update for Kingdom Come: Deliverance has information the games early Alpha is now available to all backers who pledged at the Baron Tier or higher.

We proudly present you the Tech Alpha version of Kingdom Come: Deliverance! This is a very important milestone for us as it gives us the first chance to show you what’s already been created and what we are aiming for. At the same time also providing us with the first chance to get direct feedback from you

Your feedback is very important to us in the following steps of development. Seeing videos and screenshots is nice, but touching and feeling the interactive piece with all your senses is way better. Therefore backers with the Baron Tier and higher will get the chance to meet Henry and experience his life in 1403. Usually Alpha version means that you get a finished game with plenty of bugs, rough edges and missing parts. We would like to approach the Alpha early access phenomenon a bit differently. So how our Alpha look like? Our Alpha version is more likely a Technical Alpha.

What does that mean? The Tech Alpha version of Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a collection of several technical aspects and game mechanisms in a more or less advanced state of development. The playable content will grow in stages (updated versions approximately every two or three months), adding new aspects, settings or game mechanics to the Alpha. You’ll get the chance to become acquainted with Kingdom Come: Deliverance step by step and can delve into more and more of our world as the amount of the content grow. Interested?
More information.

Great, going to try it tonight after work! :)

Indeed! I'd be very interested to learn more about what the game is actually like.

Hope I haven't promised too much. With a half y/o son at home plans aren't that stable as before. ;)

Hope I haven't promised too much. With a half y/o son at home plans aren't that stable as before. ;)

Well, all I'm expecting is a 5000 word document explains the story, gameplay, pros and cons of the game

Maylander, what about you ?

Well, all I'm expecting is a 5000 word document explains the story, gameplay, pros and cons of the game

I am hoping to a 10 pager.
I was going to ask if you want me to "buy you out" of your Alpha Access - but it looks like I can still back and get in..

I am earl and my code is nowhere to be seen. Getting pretty irritated, why do I have to be so unlucky dammit. Not that I am alone, there are few hundred people with the problem.

Someone post impressions about this ASAP! I hope it hasn't been compromised for consoles and would like reassurance.

I am earl and my code is nowhere to be seen. Getting pretty irritated, why do I have to be so unlucky dammit. Not that I am alone, there are few hundred people with the problem.

So yeah-- this is my recent reluctance to back. You get software developers who are poor businessmen. They can code but there is more than that to running a business. Not saying I want EA to rule the world-- because they are the worst kind of businessmen. But poor execution on the details of running the business, like deadlines and promises to your backers-- makes me reluctant to fund.

things like that happen with the AAA games also and is typical of running a business where you are selling large quantities of something.

Sorry guys, I didn't make it last night. :(

Indeed, just a few quick impressions. Some comments. Nothing major.

I'll check it out later today and make some comments. But it's an alpha, so it's hardly of that much use.

I have to check out Beyond Earth first :)

Ok, I tried it for a little bit - just for the Watch ;)

It's obviously a very early version - and I already encountered a woman without eyes and a Blacksmith who seemed to use telekinesis to move a piece of hot metal to an imaginary anvil - instead of the real one right next to him :)

But, frankly, I'm reasonably impressed by the looks of it. The environment is very pretty and immersive. It reminded me a LOT of that quaint little village in The Witcher in Chapter 5 (I think it was 5) - and that's not a bad thing, as it was the best chapter in the game.

That Blacksmith I mentioned obviously had a reasonably involved set of actions to perform in his smithy - and even if stuff was out of place, it was impressive to see given the alpha context.

I really like the body awareness in first person - and the animations are already looking good, considering this stage of development.

The HUD is clean and unobtrusive - and the UI screens for inventory, character, etc. look great and properly "medieval".

There was a quest to get a bow somewhere, but I didn't find it - so I couldn't test archery.

I did NOT like the invisible walls cutting me off from exploring the area - but given it's CryENGINE - it's hardly a big surprise.

Overall, I'd say there's good reason to be optimistic about the future of this game, but it's FAR too early to say much. All I can say with certainty is that some real work was put into this game - and my gut feeling tells me the developers are passionate about it.

Hope that's useful.

Back
Top Bottom