Relive the Magic with Fable Anniversary

facepalm.jpg

Of all the titles in line for an HD remake, this is what they chose?

Of all the titles in line for an HD remake, this is what they chose?

Haha, As much as I can understand where you are coming from. Having not played the Fable games I might be interested in giving this a whirl.

The game is so short on content, so the thing to do with an upgrade is to add content first and foremost.

Updating the first game in the series exclusively and not the whole thing is just.... stupid.

I'm with coaster on this one.
Hell, some things in that game were fun. Some.

The game is so short on content, so the thing to do with an upgrade is to add content first and foremost.

Updating the first game in the series exclusively and not the whole thing is just…. stupid.

It is not just a lack of content that is the main problem, it is a major lack of depth that makes it boring. For people new to games it might be fun, but for anyone who has played a few similar games, it will just feel lacking. I did enjoy the overall style of it though.
It is better/deeper than Fable 3 though.

It is not just a lack of content that is the main problem, it is a major lack of depth that makes it boring. For people new to games it might be fun, but for anyone who has played a few similar games, it will just feel lacking. I did enjoy the overall style of it though.
It is better/deeper than Fable 3 though.

Well, with lack of content comes lack of depth - to my mind.

Though I'm not sure what you mean by a lack of depth.

We can agree that some of the "roleplaying" features were superficial, but I actually really liked both the story and the setting. I also happened to greatly enjoy the character development mechanics and even the somewhat simplistic loot system.

The "Zelda" features - like demon doors etc. were also cool.

Nah, I definitely think the short story and small world were the biggest issues. It should have been 2-3 times the length AT LEAST - because it obviously wanted to be an open world game with lots of freeform gameplay.

I'm quite thankful that Fable wasn't considerably longer. It simply wasn't good enough to be.

I'm all for meaty games, but they have to be compelling enough to make me want to invest that much time with them. Fable simply wasn't worth that kind of investment.

Me, I liked Fable very much - but hated its auto-levelling of enemies.
Because of that, I stopped playing at one point. I hate auto-levelling in general (traumatic Wiz8 experiences :p ).
I found the setting and everything very refreshing, though.

I didn't mind Fable, but I have to agree it's an odd choice for an HD remake. Especially since Fable 2 is still not available on PCs.

I didn't mind Fable, but I have to agree it's an odd choice for an HD remake. Especially since Fable 2 is still not available on PCs.

This hasn't been announced for PCs either, and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being an Xbox 360 exclusive.

This hasn't been announced for PCs either, and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being an Xbox 360 exclusive.
[/QUOTE

Well, we PC owners get GOG and Steam sales.

The consoles owners get......... this kind of stuff.

Sorry Chien but console owners continue to get pwned.

Nah, I definitely think the short story and small world were the biggest issues. It should have been 2-3 times the length AT LEAST - because it obviously wanted to be an open world game with lots of freeform gameplay.

To me the combat was the main flaw. It was just so simple & simplistic. I don't know if the combat system had potential for more depth, but the combat encounters were so simple that it was hard to tell. I got through the game just mashing buttons.

To me the combat was the main flaw. It was just so simple & simplistic. I don't know if the combat system had potential for more depth, but the combat encounters were so simple that it was hard to tell. I got through the game just mashing buttons.

Well, I enjoyed combining magic and melee. As I recall, the game could be somewhat challenging until you got the chain lightning spell up to a decent level.

But I was definitely entertained by the combat.

That said, I liked the entire charm and lighthearted nature of the game. I didn't expect a hardcore cerebral game at all - so I was probably more forgiving than a lot of players.

I wish we had more games like that, actually.

Magic (noun): generic console action game that came nowhere even close to seeing the general region containing the hype of being a Morrowind-killer. Not advanced enough to take seriously, not fast and simple enough to be a fun, light-hearted romp.

Huh, not exactly the definition I remember.:biggrin:

I enjoyed Fable 1 for what it was, when released.

I liked the way your character aged during the course of the game, even though you seemed to age faster than everyone else lol

Shame the series ended up the way it did

Back
Top Bottom