Most anticipated games of 2013

GuybrushWilco

Pirate Janitor
I was thinking that there really is a bit of a dirth of RPGs for next year, isn't there? The only ones that op into my mind are Wasteland 2, South Park and Shadowrun Returns, and those could end up being pushed back to 2014. This got me to thinking about if there are any good games for next year. Aside from Wasteland 2, South Park and Shadowrun Returns, I think that the new Tomb Raider could be fun, and also several adventure games like SpaceVenture and Doublefine Adventure. All in all though, 2013 is looking a bit sparse.

RPGs:
Wasteland 2
Shadowrun Returns
Eschalon Book 3
and maybe
Age of Decadence
Underrail
Avadon 2
Dead State

Adventure:
SpaceVenture
Doublefine Adventure
Infamous Adventures
Tex Murphy 6
King's Quest
Jack Houston and the Necronauts
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse

Action:
Bioshock Infinite
Star Trek
Tomb Raider

Last edited:
Do you really think the South Park game is likely to be pushed back to 2014? I think it's scheduled for release in February. Also looking forward to Bioshock Infinite.

Last edited:
Well, I guess I meant that Shadowrun Returns and Wasteland 2 could be pushed back to 2014 :)

A bunch of my kickstarter pledges should be coming out next year :)
As for more established games hmm... oh King's Bounty 3, wait no that's for end of this year. Oh, EU4! supposedly Q3 2013! that's easily by far my most anticipated game of the century.

New Star Trek game? I'm surprised I haven't heard or seen anything about that. Can you post a link? I'm definitely interested if it's a first-person shooter in the same style as ST: Elite Force II

Here is the official website: http://www.startrekgame.com/

It is supposed to be a 'third person action adventure game' It is set between the the 2008 Star Trek movie, and the upcoming Star Trek Into Darkness, and it is being written by the writers of those movies. All I know is that Kirk and Spock are the two playable characters, and there may be some cool phaser battles :) I wonder if you can adjust the phaser settings.

X: Rebirth

I expect it to be long enough to take up pretty much the whole year. ;)

Here is the official website: http://www.startrekgame.com/

It is supposed to be a 'third person action adventure game' It is set between the the 2008 Star Trek movie, and the upcoming Star Trek Into Darkness, and it is being written by the writers of those movies. All I know is that Kirk and Spock are the two playable characters, and there may be some cool phaser battles :) I wonder if you can adjust the phaser settings.

Interesting. I would prefer that it wasn't based on the alternate universe of the last movie, but it seems that it is. I'll keep an eye on it.

As for myself, the only game that consistently pops into my head when I think of 2013 is Bioshock Infinite.

So far I'm eager to see only Nuclear Union.

Nuclear Union could be interesting, but I'm still a bit iffy on that one. I also just remembered that Eschalon Book 3 should be out in 2013 :). Dead State looks cool.

Back
Top Bottom