DA:I - New Interview & EGX Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Play Station Lifestyle's Mark Labbe had the chance to interview BioWare’s Cameron Lee to talk about Combat, Reaction to Gay Characters, and other topics.

PSLS: One of the other huge things is the addition of being able to romance gay characters and what not. How has the public reacted to that and how has maybe the public shaped that change?

CL: So, the reactions are always interesting – generally, they are mostly positive. Some people don’t like it, that’s fine, they can… think that way. But the vast majority of people, they think that’s a good thing. We’ve tried to represent a variety of different people, and different sexualities and gender as well. You can be a male, you can be a female, you know, you can change the way that you look, you can have different hairs, different skin tones. So, you know, you give all that type of control to a player that they are… it would seem silly to not also give a choice about their sexual orientation. But yeah, general reception has been good.
Read the link for more information as it's to long to post it here, and now here is the full presentation from EGX 2014 this week to along with the one from yesterday.

Neil Thompson, Director of Art & Animation at BioWare, invites you to discover the vast open world of Dragon Age: Inquisition through a gameplay demo and more at EGX 2014 sponsored by Virgin Media!
More information.

Yeah, I think most people are decent now. There aren't many people these days that are offended by interracial marriage, either. Progress. :)

And that's a gorgeous video. I know it's a presentation (basically an ad) so it's obviously shiny, but it's no less fun to watch.

Edit: The video really drives home how rich the world is, too. I'm not a huge Dragon Age veteran - I'm only just now on my first playthrough of DA:O - but watching this, I'm amazed at the universe's complexity.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think most people are decent now. There aren't many people these days that are offended by interracial marriage, either. Progress. :)
Don't speak the truth on the internet Aubrielle the loud minority hate it. :)
And that's a gorgeous video. I know it's a presentation (basically an ad) so it's obviously shiny, but it's no less fun to watch.
I agree but the presenter was breathing too heavily throughout the presentation. Still I enjoyed the video, and I'm sure the thread will get the usual replies.:cool:
The video really drives home how rich the world is, too. I'm not a huge Dragon Age veteran - I'm only just now on my first playthrough of DA:O - but watching this, I'm amazed at the universe's complexity
I found reading the novels, comics, and lore books also help you understand the game world. They just cost to much, and are not worth the extra money sometimes.

Amazon or Ebay are the best way to get a hold them.;)

Last edited:
Breathing too heavily? Hahahaha!! I didn't notice until you said it. xD Now I can't watch it without my skin crawling just a little. And I wasn't aware that it had been novelized and that there were lore books...I had no idea, and now I'm interested.

Maybe the loud minority do hate the truth. I've just gotten in the habit of saying "Sieg heil!" and feeding those trolls to my ignore list. ^.~

Did he say they already toned spell effects down or that they are going to do it?
Because to me combat still seems WAY too flashy,

Animations are a bit silly too. I mean, they put so much effort into crafting this dark and gritty world and then populate it with Power-Ranger-Mages that spin their staffs three times above their heads before casting a spell.

Animations are a bit silly too. I mean, they put so much effort into crafting this dark and gritty world and then populate it with Power-Ranger-Mages that spin their staffs three times above their heads before casting a spell.

You haven't seen anything yet. Just wait till you hit the "awesome button". ;)

You too will know the fear of a glowing red health bar & cursor looming out of the mist...

The animations really put me off. When I saw the demo videos of DA2, with the rogue teleporting and back flipping all over the screen, I immediately knew I could not enjoy the game, even if everything else were simply awesome, so to speak. It's….well….just plain silly.

For every reaction to my character's sexuality you script, you could script a reaction to my character's race (which is arguably more likely to result in interesting dialogue in a fantasy world) or my character's approach to a quest (which probably took me longer to think about than who to romance).

I think they'll do this. Iirc it has been like this in DA:O as well.

Back
Top Bottom