The Rise of the Dragon and the Bear

Andhaira

Sentinel
The battlelines have been drawn in blood and in flame. The enemy has already made his first move. Battles have been fought. Some have been lost, others have been won. Yet the War is yet to begin.

Russia, China, Pakistan, North Korea, Turkey, Iran, and Egypt vs USA, UK, Israel, and India.

It will be the Mother of All World Wars. Europe and the rest of the Middle East will sit this one out.

I predict that China will be the first to go nuclear, after it moves on Taiwan and India, at the behest of it's Western Masters attacks it. China will annhilate India via conventional and nuclear weapons. At the same time, Russia will launch a full scale nuclear assault on Israel, wiping out the rogue state from the face of this Earth. It will be Russia's revenge for the Cold War, for the dissolution of the Soviet Union, and for western armament and instigation of former Soviet Sattelite States. The shattered remains of Israel will launch operation Samson, wherein they will nuke countries in the Middle East and capitals of Europe. This will provoke a chain reaction, where by every Israeli citizen is either butchered, or put into a camp for further assimalation.

USA and UK will be biting their nails at such a horrific attack on their allies by Russia and China. They know if they go nuclear, their nations will be destroyed in turn. Thus, they will do nothing.

A New World Order will then arise. China will have primacy over Asia, as has been dictated in the Mandate of Heaven. Pakistan will be rewarded with primacy over South East Asia, the former territories of their Mughal Emperor Ancestors. Russia will reclaim dominion over her former sattalites, and stand at the doorstep of Europe.

The world will forever be changed.

The thread for novel ideas is in the OT forum; this is the P&R forum. Creative imagination though!!

As long as the world economy does not collapse on itself, globalization practically assures that no two major powers will ever again go to war with each other. The real power struggles of the new world order happen in board rooms.

The next major upheaval(s) will, I predict, occur in approximately 50 years when the 10 billion-strong population of the planet begins running out of oil and every market sector dependent on petroleum does a tailspin (which is to say practically everything we take for granted today).

In fact, that should prove an "interesting" time. 10 Billion population + no artificial fertilizers or pesticides. Luckily, I'll be on my way out by then and can move to the big ringworld in the sky.

Globalization is definately a force in the world that helps maintain peace between the major powers. However, when it comes to Taiwan, and the Mandate of Heaven, China could give fuck all if no one in America buys their goods. They want Taiwan, and they don't want India dominating Asia.

It's coming boys and girls. Gonna be some real fireworks in the world soon.

Well, I wouldn't say soon. China would've absolutely nothing to gain from that in the current situation. Besides most of their income is coming from other countries, if they'd start a war it would be a complete disaster for china. So I really wouldn't worry about that at all.

Globalization is definately a force in the world that helps maintain peace between the major powers. However, when it comes to Taiwan, and the Mandate of Heaven, China could give fuck all if no one in America buys their goods. They want Taiwan, and they don't want India dominating Asia.

It's coming boys and girls. Gonna be some real fireworks in the world soon.

Yea yea, it's been coming for years now and what has happened? In my time here they have finally started up cross-strait flights and more Taiwanese companies are investing in China. Hell, this will be the second year in a row our school has had visits from PRC students, teachers and principals.

No, unfortunately for your scenario the relations between the PRC and the ROC are getting stronger.

Don't take my word for it, take it from the president himself: http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_content.php?id=1737407

I wouldn't be surprised if one day many years from now the ROC actually votes in the 'One Country, Two Systems' policy of the PRC.

If that day actually comes then I'm going to move to Japan or , god forbid, back home *shudder*. Maybe South Korea.....

True. I'll add that one to my list of getaways if the Dragon rears up and swallows Taiwan. Saving that, I really do prefer it here. This island has an organized chaos feel to it that I like. :)

I dont understand why India woudl o to war and be on the saem side as the USA. The USA will probably start a war over the whole economic crisis. It will probably be a war of the countries not handling the economic crisis well and the countries that are handling the economic crisis well.

A clash between India and China is inevitable. Both seek to become dominant forces in Asia, yet there is space enough for only one. When the dust settles, the Dragon will have devoured the Tiger.

Speaking of Tigers, is there any tiger more of a paper than NATO? Russia see's this, and will soon act to reclaim it's lost territories. Turkey, frustrated at being rejected by the Islamophobic EU will likely join with Russia. As will Iran, and ofcourse China and Pakistan.

I predict that the minute any of these countries devlops an effective anti ACBM strategy, is the day the west will be consumed in a conflagration of nuclear fire. Not even the cockroaches will survive.

A clash between India and China is inevitable. Both seek to become dominant forces in Asia, yet there is space enough for only one. When the dust settles, the Dragon will have devoured the Tiger.

Speaking of Tigers, is there any tiger more of a paper than NATO? Russia see's this, and will soon act to reclaim it's lost territories. Turkey, frustrated at being rejected by the Islamophobic EU will likely join with Russia. As will Iran, and ofcourse China and Pakistan.

I predict that the minute any of these countries devlops an effective anti ACBM strategy, is the day the west will be consumed in a conflagration of nuclear fire. Not even the cockroaches will survive.

This, and your opening post is full of problems. But if were going to play predictions, well:

1. China will do what it always does: Collapse under the economic disparity between the coastal regions and the hinterlands, and become a non-player. If there is a paper tiger anywhere, it's the unidimentional economy of China. This is even more likely to happen sooner rather than later, considering the inability of the centralized government to manage the expectations of it's own people, although, in the end, that's always been the historical problem for China.

2. the Russians have, and will continue to attempt to rebuild their empire. The nations around them will act consistently with their previous actions, because Geopolitics demand it. Under no circumstances will Turkey ally with Russia, for any number of historical and geopolitical reasons. Neither will Iran. Further, the Russian economy, almost solely based on the export of natural resources, will not pose a serious threat to the Western Powers for quite some time, if ever.

3. if the Russians attempt to encroach on the EU proper, it will be interesting to see what happens. I believe that sufficient pressure upon the EU will fragment it along the historical Western/Central seam, unless NATO/US fight as a bloc.

It's difficult to see why China and Russia would ally for any reason, unless it's against a unified US/NATO general war, and even then, the end results would be obvious.

Should also point out that even during the Cold War, there was no exchange of nuclear weapons. Such a war is even more unlikely now, considering the relative sizes of stockpiles of the nations you mention. No one, these days, would even consider using nuclear weapons around anything/anyone even remotely attached to the US. Besides, if an efficient ABM system is developed, it will likely be the US who does it, considering the nearly unlimited resources available. You might remember that the mere threat of developing a similar system did a geat deal to destroy the economic power of the USSR.

As long as the world economy does not collapse on itself, globalization practically assures that no two major powers will ever again go to war with each other. The real power struggles of the new world order happen in board rooms.

A lot of folks were making that argument in the 1920's. Is it true this time around? I read an interesting article somewhere about the concept of economic balance of power, and future wars would be fought to assert economic power. This obviously isn't anything new, but (as you pointed out in the rest of your post) there could be a situation in which the US might be tempted to go to war just to knock out a rival economic power. Of course. economic power is only part of the equation of power, but these days, it's become the fashion to concentrate on the economic aspects of global power.

The world is increasingly one economy, that's what globalization breeds... sure, every culture is different, but this isn't about culture - it's about power. And, in out current state of happy-go-lucky consumerism, power is controlled not by governments but by corporations.

Until there is a shakeup of this foundation (ie., increasingly less oil), there won't be a major war between any states that play a role in this economic web.

There have been unconfirmed reports and rumors that China is developing a laser based anti ballistic missile system. If that happens, China will achieve prominency over every other country out there. Heck, they could go for Taiwan immediately.
America ofcourse will command India to attack China and also move their warships to intercept the Chinese. China will wipe out America's fleet via a nuclear strike, and depending on how the war with India is going, lob a few nukes there as well.

Seeing America's position weakened considerably, Russia will move into action as I have outlined above.

Get girded up folks, it's gonna be the shortest world war we've ever had, yet also the bloodiest. The world will instantly become multipolar with Asia becoming a powerhouse.

Andhaira said:
There have been unconfirmed reports and rumors that China is developing a laser based anti ballistic missile system.
There have been unconfirmed reports and rumors of monkeys flying out of your butt as well. Neither seems like much of a starting point for hypotheticals.

There have been unconfirmed reports and rumors of monkeys flying out of your butt as well. Neither seems like much of a starting point for hypotheticals.

Why not? Don't be so shy! You could develop a complete monkey-based economy out of your idea, may be? Even with infinite monkey supply, elegantly solving the depth crisis.

At least Anhaira tries to give us convincing examples for the reasons, why other forums are happy they got rid of him.

Actually, if you bothered to do your research you would have realized that China has made great strides in laser based weaponry. Just 2 years or so ago, they manged to disable multiple American sattelites using a ground based laser. NASA were stunned, as they did not know that such a thing was even possible.

So yeah, America is not necessarily ahead in every department. In fact, I would not be surprised to see advancements in military tech come from China and to a lesser extent, Russia now. (for instance, Russia has developed ACBMs that allow them to penetrate American made missile shield defences)

Back
Top Bottom