Deus Ex Human Revolution - When to start The missing Link DLC

Lannister

Watchdog
Hello,

As i have a long backlog which i am about to start playing, i recently fired up Deus Ex Human Revolution, i also have the Missing Link DLC. I read in the internet, that this DLC is revolving around some actions which happen in the main plot prior to the ending.... So what I am asking: When should i fire up the DLC ?

Cheers in advance,
L.

I suggest you finish the complete game first, take a day or two off (as you'll still hear the awsome music from the game and think about those endings) and then return to have some fun with DLC.

I've been through the main game but haven't played the dlc. Basically the dlc fills in a part where you are aboard a ship. The main game handles this well as you are in cryo sleep but the dlc tells a story were you are woken up during the trip. Your skills are not carried over as far as I am aware so play it afterwards is my recommendation.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you have to play it during the course of the campaign. I don't think it's accessible from the menu as a separate quest, and you must have it installed prior to leaving the shipping/docks level.

Steam instals the missing link as a seperat game. That have its own exe file i think that the onley way to play it.

Yup, its separate from main game. It would great though if they implemented it into main campaign in GOTY edition or something.

It is the explosive mission pack area that gets integrated into the main game, the missing link is a separate entry.

It feels like the DLC is meant to be played after you've beaten the game, though if you want to play it during the course of the main game, play it after you've boarded the ship in the pod.

I don't want to start a new thread, so I post here. I was on my second playthrough and decided to try a Jensen who doesn't specialize in hacking. There were occasions where I couldn't finish a quest because there was no way in other than to hack something. I ragequit when I realized I did not have them rewire tools left and finding a merchant in China's annoying labyrinthine streets was too much.

Do you HAVE to invest in hacking to complete certain quests?

I don't want to start a new thread, so I post here. I was on my second playthrough and decided to try a Jensen who doesn't specialize in hacking. There were occasions where I couldn't finish a quest because there was no way in other than to hack something. I ragequit when I realized I did not have them rewire tools left and finding a merchant in China's annoying labyrinthine streets was too much.

Do you HAVE to invest in hacking to complete certain quests?

No, I don't think so. AFAIK, there's always an alternative - and if you have no tools, you should be able to find the password somewhere on the level in question. If not, then there has to be a way to progress without accessing the computer.

Back
Top Bottom