Dragon Age: Inquisition - Gameplay Trailer #2

aries100

SasqWatch
My first look at the tactical view, big relief.

So…
Leliana became a murderous bitch out of the blue and we better have that moustache needs to be modded out mage in the party or we'll never see this whole thing.

What kind of a story is that? LAME.
Did they use ME3 plotholes incoming writers for this particular script?

Leliana was always pretty murderous. Magical rosebushes sent from God, expensive shoes, and killing people -- those were kind of her three main things.

It was clear from her first entrance in Origins that the "wide-eyed wannabe nun" persona was at least partly a front.

You can't loot enemies? And it was very surprising that they fought a huge boss battle and didn't have to pause or use the tactical mode once.

You can't loot enemies? And it was very surprising that they fought a huge boss battle and didn't have to pause or use the tactical mode once.

It's not because they haven't bothered to loot a corpse that it can't be done. Lootables don't sparkles anymore though, they replaced that with another mechanic.

As for the huge boss battle, did you count the number of time Vivienne and Sera should have died? They were spamming "health potion" like crazy, something you won't be able to do in the game because healing is limited (potions are limited, health don't regen and heal spells are Focus based, you can't spam them).

Leliana was always pretty murderous. Magical rosebushes sent from God, expensive shoes, and killing people — those were kind of her three main things.

It was clear from her first entrance in Origins that the "wide-eyed wannabe nun" persona was at least partly a front.
Not in my game. In my game she was a sweet cute kill only if it can't be avoided cutpurse lockpicker.

You can loot and you can see in minute 4:50 a lootable in lower left corner the player didn't bother to pick, then after the fight also some more loot spots. I believe they didn't bother to show much of looting - because the inventory is horror. A disaster!

It's not because they haven't bothered to loot a corpse that it can't be done. Lootables don't sparkles anymore though, they replaced that with another mechanic.

As for the huge boss battle, did you count the number of time Vivienne and Sera should have died? They were spamming "health potion" like crazy, something you won't be able to do in the game because healing is limited (potions are limited, health don't regen and heal spells are Focus based, you can't spam them).

We'll see how it turns out. I hope tactical combat isn't just an afterthought tacked on to try and appease Origins fans. I hope there is some meat on these bones and not just fireworks and fancy particle effects :).

I'm guessing it's simply a matter of difficulty setting. Even DA2 was hard on the highest setting.

I'm guessing it's simply a matter of difficulty setting. Even DA2 was hard on the highest setting.

Yes, but it wasn't really all that tactical -- just an endurance slog.

Yeah, I think I'll be taking a pass on this. They're just making too many games that better match my taste for me to feel desperate enough to buy this on release. Maybe a gold edition on sale, if that, unless folks around here start raving about something I'm failing to see in these videos.

I know it was mentioned by others in another thread, but the camera angle shown here does indeed suck. Directly behind and pointing slightly up? I guess that's the perfect angle to fully view the ridiculous giant weapons everyone has on their backs…

Back
Top Bottom