Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 25 Minutes of Footage

Dhruin

SasqWatch
VG247 has 25 minutes of shakycam Deus Ex: HR footage taken from the Eurogamer Expo:
Eidos Monreal held a developer’s session earlier today for Deus Ex: Human Revolution at EGE. We’ve filmed 25 minutes of the gameplay demo for you to watch below.
This is the build that was shown at E3 back in June, running on PlayStation 3, and shows main character Adam Jenson on the lookout for someone known as “Tong,” who’s been linked to the Triads.
The voiceover you hear for the presentation is art director Jonathan-Jacques Belletete.
More information.

Does anyone know if they are planning to allow the entire game to be played in a third person view (perhaps via a camera toggle), like Mass Effect, or are third person elements only going to be usable for certain functions (cover, take down cinematics, etc.)? I don't particularly care for FPS games anymore, so it's an important question for me.

The second video - I only watched it until past crouching behind the car - was what was shown at the Games Com.
There, we were told that it had been "live play" by someone (of the developers ?), not a video.

Meh….. PS3 footage?

I wanna see the PC version….

Of course the PC will have better textures/performance/support/etc., but its nice to see alpha footage suggesting DE3 might actually be a decent PS3 game (since the PS3 is usually a rushed afterthought port job).

Very nice. It reminds me of Bladerunner.

I don't know . . . . "looking" more like Invisible War to me.

The first Deus Ex seemed to take place in a timeline somewhat similar to our own. The city landscape in DX:Human Revoution looks more far future to me. The guy at the booth is saying the right things about game play, but the choice for visuals in this game is not wowing me.

The city landscape in DX:Human Revoution looks more far future to me.

This is interesting, because, if I remember correctly, Human Revolution was meant to be some sort of "Prequel".

This is interesting, because, if I remember correctly, Human Revolution was meant to be some sort of "Prequel".

It's a prequel, it happen in 2027, while the first DX was in 2052.

The difference is that the Human Revolution team actually realized that cities change appearance over time, unlike DX where the cities looked like they haven't changed since 1980. Lots of their design are inspired by currently existing building in the world, from places like Dubai or Shangai.

Hengsha doesn't look that much different than Shangai does today anyway, beside the 2 floors design. Lots of neons, lots of funky looking building, etc. Also, Hengsha in the game need to have been build in less than 16 years starting today, if they place the game in "our" future. The island was sold to biotech in the game lore...

The other known cities in the game are pretty similar to what we have today (Detroit & Montréal), beside a few new buildings, are mostly made of good old red bricks walls.

Back
Top Bottom