Pricewatch!

This is not a special but a way to get free money in Steam. My last couple of games have been free…

Just by playing games using Steam you get 'trade cards'. You don't have to do anything, just play as normal. If you're like me you just ignored those trade cards. If you don't ignore them, you can do things like complete sets of trade cards in a game to create badges you can put in your name, etc. Just silly stuff…

Except… many people like to collect them, and you can sell them in the Steam 'marketplace'. Each one usually sells for $.09 to $.15 average, and if you've been using Steam for a while ignoring them, you probably have a healthy amount of them. I had a bunch, so I put them all on sale and after a few days I had a credit of $7, enough to get me Elven Legacy complete ($2.99) free and the rest applied as $4 credit for another game I purchased recently.

Here is where you see your accumulated cards:
S3djtMT.jpg

As you can see on the top right I already have $0.29 credit there, probably a couple of cards sold since the last time I purchased something (which was about 3 days ago).

Once you click on the trade card you want to sell, you'll see this…
3ZbfJkJ.jpg

There you can see the last price someone paid for it. When selling, I sell it for 1 cent less than that because Steam 'takes' 2 cents from the transaction so the buyer actually pays 1 cent more than what you put there, I find that's a sweet spot where most things sell within 2-3 days of your posting.

When you click on 'Sell' you get the final screen (almost final, you have a final confirmation screen after this):
tgjs8NI.jpg

You only have to check 'agree to terms and stuff' once per session don't worry. And that's it! Typically cards will sell within 2-3 days, so depending on how many cards you have in your inventory, your next game might be free :)

This is not a special but a way to get free money in Steam. My last couple of games have been free…

Just by playing games using Steam you get 'trade cards'. You don't have to do anything, just play as normal. If you're like me you just ignored those trade cards. If you don't ignore them, you can do things like complete sets of trade cards in a game to create badges you can put in your name, etc. Just silly stuff…

Except… many people like to collect them, and you can sell them in the Steam 'marketplace'. Each one usually sells for $.09 to $.15 average, and if you've been using Steam for a while ignoring them, you probably have a healthy amount of them. I had a bunch, so I put them all on sale and after a few days I had a credit of $7, enough to get me Elven Legacy complete ($2.99) free and the rest applied as $4 credit for another game I purchased recently.

Here is where you see your accumulated cards:
S3djtMT.jpg

As you can see on the top right I already have $0.29 credit there, probably a couple of cards sold since the last time I purchased something (which was about 3 days ago).

Once you click on the trade card you want to sell, you'll see this…
3ZbfJkJ.jpg

There you can see the last price someone paid for it. When selling, I sell it for 1 cent less than that because Steam 'takes' 2 cents from the transaction so the buyer actually pays 1 cent more than what you put there, I find that's a sweet spot where most things sell within 2-3 days of your posting.

When you click on 'Sell' you get the final screen (almost final, you have a final confirmation screen after this):
tgjs8NI.jpg

You only have to check 'agree to terms and stuff' once per session don't worry. And that's it! Typically cards will sell within 2-3 days, so depending on how many cards you have in your inventory, your next game might be free :)

Many thanks Wolfing - never knew what this trading card business is about and how it works. Just put few of my existing ones on sale.

All the best.

Dragon Age Origins is well worth playing, and the total win to this is not having to use that virus-ridden pos called Origin. Pity the poor computers that have that junk on them =xxxx.

That's a lot of gameplay for $7.50. I probably spent at least $100 between the main game, DLC, and expansion when they were new.

It really is a great value! ... I am glad that Amazon had the Mac version, as the Steam and Origin versions are Windows-only (yet they have Mac/PC for Dragon Age 2).

Big UbiSoft sale at GoG this weekend. It's a perfect chance to pick up the Heroes of Might and Magic series (2's still my favorite), the main Might and Magic series, and various other games covering quite a big period. There's probably something for everyone in there.

Victoria II is a wonderful game, just make sure you get the 2 big expansions as they change the game in many ways for the better.

What a game, though. Endless replayability.

Child of light. 50 % off on steam. Atmospheric turn based indie.

GOG is having a special Mutator Promo sale for the next six days.

Link - http://www.gog.com/

$2 Mysteries Rule GOG.com's Mutator Promo, Games Up to 85% off

GOG.com launch "Mutator Promo", allow gamers to spin the wheel on up to 3 mystery "mutator" games with each highly-discounted 3-game purchase.

On Monday, October 6, at 10:00 AM GMT GOG.com have launched another ingenious sale. Their Mutator Promo allows gamers to take their chances and pick up three mystery "mutators", each one for $2. To take part in the sale gamers need to pick 3 games from the promo lineup discounted up to 85% including Theme Hospital for $1.49, Cannon Fodder for $1.19, Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! for $1.49, Outlast for $4.99, Broken Age for $12.49, Long Live the Queen for $1.99.

This, in turn, gives them access to 3 "mutator" games - mystery titles that will be revealed after checkout. The $2 mutator could be anything from a $5 game to a $45 one!

The lineup of both regular games and mutators will change completely after the first 48 hours. The Mutator Promo will last for the next 6 days with an entirely new lineup of both regular games and mutators introduced after the first 48 hours.

Weekly humble indie bundle. All Nordic games. Of interest here:
Titan quest, spellforce, darksiders, aqua NOx and red faction. Oh and supreme commander!

Actually there's another RPG in the 1$ tier. Forgot which one.

Back
Top Bottom