Pricewatch!

GOG also just got the Double Dragon Trilogy. Anyone else here play those as a kid? :)
Absolutely, mate. :) Some of my earliest coin-op memories were spent on the original Double Dragon trying to perfect the elbow, back-kick and make it to the end boss on a couple of credits. That whole side-scrolling beat 'em up genre was so much fun back in the day.

Interestingly, my brother informed me recently that a local fish and chip shop actually has a Double Dragon arcade cabinet which I intend to check out over the coming days. I can still hear that title screen tune ringing in my ears. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il5LZK1CvkA

Whilst the c64 conversion was a definite disappointment, the sequel was quite good. However I never did get to play that one on the arcade. I'll keep an eye on that trilogy on steam; I see the reviews so far are mixed, but nostalgia will probably win in the end for me. If any Watcher buys it, be sure to write some thoughts. Cheers.

Last edited:
Oh man, I loved Double Dragon on the NES as a kid. I remember having to plead with my mom to let me play it due to its "graphic violence!" :lol: I still give her a hard time over that one - compared to today, those 8-bit graphics are quite harmless.

I miss those 8 and 16 bit days for the consoles. The first 8 megaman games were another favorite for me I wish they were also available on gog. I will definitely have to check this Double Dragon compilation!

I miss those 8 and 16 bit days for the consoles. The first 8 megaman games were another favorite for me I wish they were also available on gog. I will definitely have to check this Double Dragon compilation!

You should give Shovel Knight a try. It's got a very MegaMan feel to it, particularly the music.

If any Watcher buys it, be sure to write some thoughts. Cheers.

I purchased it as soon as I saw it. It's definitely a lot uglier than my nostalgic memories wanted to believe, but it's still fun. It took me a little bit to get used to playing with my Logitech controller, and the hit detection seems a little wonky at times. I've only tried DD 1 so far.

I got the Steam version in case I ever wanted to try the online co-op. The GOG version also has co-op, but it's through GOG Galaxy, and I figured a lot more people would be using Steam for online play.

I purchased it as soon as I saw it. It's definitely a lot uglier than my nostalgic memories wanted to believe, but it's still fun. It took me a little bit to get used to playing with my Logitech controller, and the hit detection seems a little wonky at times. I've only tried DD 1 so far.

I got the Steam version in case I ever wanted to try the online co-op. The GOG version also has co-op, but it's through GOG Galaxy, and I figured a lot more people would be using Steam for online play.

Hit detection was always wonky in old arcade games, though. If it was too good, you wouldn't die so often and have to pay again, would you? ;)

Oh, and Avernum, Escape from the Pit is 80% off on Steam this week. You want an old-school RPG, there's your old-school RPG.

Last edited:
Oh, and Avernum, Escape from the Pit is 80% off on Steam this week. You want an old-school RPG, there's your old-school RPG.

That one is just brilliant, party based dungeon crawler - highly recommended. I also strongly recommend the Geneforge games, unique, 'create' your own party of beasts, and open world.

Septerra Core is on sale for pocket change ($0.69) this week on Steam. Disciples 3 is 30% off.

Thanks for the Shovel Knight tip Menigal, I wasn't aware of that one. Looks fun!

Thanks for the Shovel Knight tip Menigal, I wasn't aware of that one. Looks fun!

It's like a lost NES classic, and it actually plays well. They didn't just slap some gameplay on top of some pixel graphics; it's classy all the way.

Never heard of it, but since it's a freebie, Origin malware wins on me again. :(

Last edited:
Wait, that game has DLC?
ROTFL

Is there any official statement how many of those DLC people bought?

Wait, that game has DLC?
ROTFL

Is there any official statement how many of those DLC people bought?
Don't know as the data is not available to find out.

It's mostly Weapons, Armors, and cheat DLC.

1. Lion Heart Pack DLC
  2. Monk Decipher DLC
  3. The Arcane Boost DLC
  4. The Foundation Boost DLC
  5. Demonic Weapon Pack DLC

Valkyria Chronicles is half off ($10) on Steam for the next 41.5 hours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom