Magicka

Lucky Day

Daywatch
We've been somewhat covering up this action-RPG lookalike (not a real aRPG even - been compared mostly to Gauntlet).

WHAT A BLAST IT IS!

Trying different spell combinations is a bit like crafting. The tongue is firmly in cheek in this one: FO3 should have taken lessons about how its down.

Its pretty obvious that the authors had a blast developing this thing. It really is how games should be done; sans the bugs the had at launch.

I agree.

For years now me and my friends have tried to find good co-op games on various systems. We have tried XBox Live, Playstation Network, Emulators and PC games. It seems this genré was very popular on Arcade machines, but very rare on modern hardware. Up to now, Magicka is one of the best co-op titles we found.

I would not say Magicka is a RPG at all. It is an actiongame through and through, very similar to a sidescrolling Beat-Em Up. Castle Crashers is more of an RPG in that regard. At start you find the combos to be annoying and difficult but after 30 minutes of gameplay you hurl even advanced combos with ease and experiment with new ones.

So far we have played with 3 players. We had hoped to be four but our fourth player haven't been able to show up.

Magicka have fun gameplay which gets better with more players.
Magicka have a fun humerous story that makes you laugh.
Magicka looks good and works best with modern PC hardware.
Magicka is delivered through steam.

Only issue I found is that fonts doesn't scale well with resolution. If you use 1980x1080 on a HDTV, the text will be difficult to read. This can be solved by copying files around but it really shouldn't have been that hard.

From what i read in Paradox forums MP was impossible , since this supposed to be a LAN game do the patches fix anything ?

It's not a LAN game. You play MP through steam. Start the game, go to the screen where you host a game, tab to the Steam client and invite another player.

Back
Top Bottom