Crazy Germans

Castrop-Rauxel is part of the Ruhrgebiet - an rich coal area, in which Steel Barons like the Krupp dynasty came to immense riches.

Now, since the mines are depleted, everything is a) going downhill, or b) is being rebuilt to fit modern needs.

The result is that where it goes downhill, towns and their citizens are very poor. *Very* poor. In some cases, it's areas with *lots* of social problems. Even Neo-Nazis tried to get a foothold there (and rumor says that they even suceeded in some of the poorest areas). Some towns are even on the brink of bancrupt. A bit like Detroid, I guess.

That's what I took from the press, at least.

So, this young man could have been very likely an unemployed young man with far too much time to spend because there's so few good jobs left his Ruhrgebiet area. The article also implies that he had constantly used drugs for himself. I don't know, but that's what I fear.

A bit like Detroid, I guess.
I actually read 'Destroid', which made me think of Macross, and subsequently, BattleTech.

I have an XBox, by the way, but drug someone just to get more gaming time? Nah. I just ignore them. Works just as well and is wayyyy cheaper.

I actually read 'Destroid', which made me think of Macross, and subsequently, BattleTech.

I have an XBox, by the way, but drug someone just to get more gaming time? Nah. I just ignore them. Works just as well and is wayyyy cheaper.

I'm picturing War of the Roses with console wars instead of killing each other's pets

I've been there a few times - although only a few times briefly for fan events.
So I know not much about it - but the whole Ruhrgebiet area as such is much more green in landscape than you would expect !

Really crazy to build an algorithm to cheat the US environmental tests... what where they thinking? none will ever find out?

Crazy Germans....

Really crazy to build an algorithm to cheat the US environmental tests… what where they thinking? none will ever find out?

Crazy Germans….

Nice article about that on the Postillon (a German page similar to The Onion):
http://www.der-postillon.com/2015/09/mehr-abgase-als-gedacht-vw-dieselautos.html

German though. :p
Headline:
Mehr Abgase als gedacht: VW-Dieselautos in den USA plötzlich beliebt wie nie

More emissions than thought: VW-Diesel cars suddenly popular as never before in the USA

:p

Wrong thread

Back
Top Bottom