Skyrim Skyrim - How will you be?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Ball_Breaker

Sentinel
Skyrim - Who will you be?

OK, since we're here almost at day one, I've thought that it'll be interesting to talk about what character are you planning to play.
I was thinking about two different backgrounds:

- My first character will be probably a Norn shaman, more specifically a Skaal, which is a particualr kind of Nords that venerate nature and worship the All-Maker, their version of Alduin; thus they are much more isolated from the rest of the other Nords.
He's worried about the recent events that are occuring in Skyrim, especially regarding Alduin's coming, so he decides to leave his tribe because he wants to know if this means the end of the world as we know it, or the beginning of a new age…

- My second character will be a Bosmer female ranger/assassin, but for now I have to adjust something regarding her background; I'll edit the post when I got some cool ideas ;).

So guys, what about you?

Last edited:
I honestly have no idea, other than to just start playing and whatever seems fun from the start is what I'll progress in, and then start choosing other stuff...

I'll be a female Breton alchemist. Why female? Because if I'm going to have to look at a character for over 300 hours, it better be a chick :)

Khajit, I always end up playing sneaky and with a bow. I don't even like getting hit in games it seems.

I'll probably someone sneaky with a bow as well. I usually revert to that type of character for these first person actiony RPG variants. Sometimes I try to do a different character idea but it never seems to have the same level of satisfaction.
Then again, it'll be interesting to see how useful against big-arse dragons such a character will be. Maybe I'll have to revert to playing a more thuggish type.

What, no slope-headed no-neck thumpers? I'm so disappointed in y'all. ;)

Dunmer jack of all trades.
Most of the perks requiring more than 50 points in skills seem underwhelming and
I favour "bard-y" archetypes anyway.
I´ll ignore block, heavy armor, 2-handed, illusion, conjuration and pickpocketing entirely and cherry pick from the rest.

Don't worry, I've reported it.
I've opened this thread 'cause I was curious, that's it. If you don't find it interesting, it's fair: don't read it.
I don't think you have a gun pointed on your head, so that you're forced to read my thread, so go bother someone else with your rudeness.

I want to make a Breton "mage", but I know that I will end up with a Breton archer/thief.

Although, without selecting your starting skills I might end up with a strange character too.

Yep, since there are no minor/major skill distinctions. Use of ANY skill apparently determines when you level up. Definitely more intuitive and less power game susceptible.

So to avoid specializing in certain skills you have to actively think NOT to use them. Now running away a lot doesn't specialize your character as a "coward". ;)

Now running away a lot doesn't specialize your character as a "coward". ;)

lol. I ran everywhere in previous games because it was the fastest way to get somewhere.

I never played a coward...well maybe when I was sneaking around backstabbing enemies I was.

First character will be a pure mage, haven't decided what race yet. Would be cool with a nord mage but don't know if thats viable. Anyone know how bad/good nords are at magic?

My second character will probably be a sneaky hunter type character.

Hmm I fancy someone with decent melee backed up with magic, picking locks is essential to, I like to rummage amongst other peoples belongings! (who can resist a treasure chest?)

Daniel.

Stealthy assassin/archer type character - likely backed up by some tricksy magic to support the sneaky aspects.

As always, when it comes to elder scrolls, an imperial human failed merchand, curius, lightfingered,looking for a quiet life and definetely not wanting saving the world.

Would be cool with a nord mage but don't know if thats viable. Anyone know how bad/good nords are at magic?

All race are viable at everything, the only difference is that some are just better suited to a role because of starting abilities.

I think I'll go with a sneaky ranger/thief character concentrating on bows and backstabbing. Pick locks is essential. I'll probably play a nord just to back up my heritage. We are in Skyrim after all.

I guess I should be ashamed of the boring axe-wielding Nord barbarian berserker I'm going to create whenever I get the chance to play Skyrim.

Back
Top Bottom