Lord of the Dark Castle - A New Roguelike

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Craze Creative Studios notified me of their game called Lord of the Dark Castle that was just launched on Steam Early Access for $4.99. Here is the trailer and games description.

Lord of the Dark Castle is a casual turn-based retro style roguelike dungeon crawler with elements of strategy. Randomized levels, lots of skills without dependencies and lots of spells to cast. Challenging Monster AI - play it smart or die. Remember: Death is Permanent!
More information.

Got this game from some Greenlight bundle and now that it is on Steam, I'm looking forward to give it a try. I'm a sucker for rogue-likes!

What I can tell from the vid is that I really like the art style. For gameplay I will have to see.

no no no no

It goes "This dungeon is gonna make you its bitch."
Well that would infringe on John Romero's' copyright.:lol:

I'd half wondered what happened with this since they were trying to get on Greenlight back in December 2014---looks like it has gained quite some polish and new features in these past few months going by the dev's main site.

This definitely has some ambitious features, in particular monsters having the agency to shop and whatnot to better themselves---that may very well be a first in Roguelikes on the whole if it is indeed fully fleshed out.

Back
Top Bottom