KoA: Reckoning - Interview, Answers from the Team

Dhruin

SasqWatch
RPG Codex recently had an interview with Ian 'Tiberius' Frazier about Reckoning. We've been discussing the "choices and consequences", so let's take a final snip on that topic and next time I'll choose something else:
7. Other than choosing between different abilities, what other choices will the game offer? Branching storyline? Multiple quest solutions? Friends and foes?
There are tons of systemic choices in the game (abilities, Destinies, gear, skills, etc.) but if you’re talking about narrative choice, yep, we have that too!
Many quests have multiple approaches and/or multiple endings based on how you choose to handle them, and those alternate endings can sometimes grant you permanent, exclusive systemic rewards that we call “Twists of Fate.” Dialogue and quest rewards can vary based on your skills (especially Persuasion!). NPCs can react to you differently based on your race, your gender, or even the god you worship. You can commit crimes and tick off individual NPCs or even a whole town. And in some cases those choices are directly integrated into a quest, like an NPC who asks you to do something devious and if you do as he asks without being seen, you get a very different end result than if you succeed at the mission but are spotted while you were doing it (I can’t say much more without spoilers).
...and the latest Answers from the Team is up, with some longer lore-related responses so here's a quick question:
If you fail a sidequest mid mission through reason other than you dieing (such as you are guiding someone and they die) will they be back at the town you initially got the quest in waiting to try again or is that quest ruined for good and you can no longer do it? – By CeliriaRose

A: It is possible to fail quests under certain circumstances. In these cases, the quest is logged under a "failed quests" section in the quest ledger and you won't be able to repeat it since in most cases (i.e., the death of a quest-vital NPC), it wouldn't make a believable story to simply try again. – By Erik "DoctorSpooky" Caponi, Principal Narrative Designer
More information.

The interview is very, very interesting: maybe it's the first interview that I've read where almost no one of the Codex has complained about... Incredible.
Anyway, this game imho is very very promising, it could be a very enjoying experience.

The interview is very, very interesting: maybe it's the first interview that I've read where almost no one of the Codex has complained about… Incredible.
It's because the complaints were already built into the question themselves, see this for instance:

"3. Talking about why you'd want people to buy your game you listed "our combat, our colorful art style—just the sheer size of the world." Is there anything for people who like RPGs?"

;)

It's because the complaints were already built into the question themselves, see this for instance:

"3. Talking about why you'd want people to buy your game you listed "our combat, our colorful art style—just the sheer size of the world." Is there anything for people who like RPGs?"

;)

Ah right, I've forgotten it. But it's still surprising that AFTER the answers there won't be more of them...

Back
Top Bottom